Thread: Constitutional Carry question..

Post imported post

The way I understand the new bill is you MUST inform a LEO if you have a concealed weapon. What if you have a CCW permit? A CCW permit suggests that you inform, not mandate it, will the new law change this?
    Also, to continue to go into establishments that serves alcohol you must have CCW permit, correct?

Post imported post

IANAL, but I will be in about 3 years

The text of the amended law says it's a violation to fail to correctly answer a LEO if he/she asks whether you have a concealed weapon.

Post imported post

armedman wrote:
    The way I understand the new bill is you MUST inform a LEO if you have a concealed weapon. What if you have a CCW permit? A CCW permit suggests that you inform, not mandate it, will the new law change this?
    Also, to continue to go into establishments that serves alcohol you must have CCW permit, correct?
    The "must inform" is a restatement of what is in the false statement statutes. Law enforcement wanted the same deal as Alsaska has - tell any cop you see any time you encounter one, that you have a gun. Walk into a donut shop and see 1/2 dozen or so cops and scream "I have a gun."

Under the new law (and also existing law in other statutes) when asked by law enforcement, whether you have a CCW or not, you must truthfully tell them if you are carrying a firearm.

Only CCW permit holders can carrying into places serving alcohol. Give us time. We (AzCDL) are limited on the number of miracles we can perform in any given session.

Fred

Post imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
    armedman wrote:
    The "must inform" is a restatement of what is in the false statement statutes. Law enforcement wanted the same deal as Alsaska has - tell any cop you see any time you encounter one, that you have a gun. Walk into a donut shop and see 1/2 dozen or so cops and scream "I have a gun."

Under the new law (and also existing law in other statutes) when asked by law enforcement, whether you have a CCW or not, you must truthfully tell them if you are carrying a firearm.

Only CCW permit holders can carrying into places serving alcohol. Give us time. We (AzCDL) are limited on the number of miracles we can perform in any given session.

Fred
    Think you guys can get something passed allowing 18 + CC instead of 21?

Maybe it will shorten my wait to be able to conceal :P

Post imported post

paintsnow wrote:
    Maybe it will shorten my wait to be able to conceal
    We are limited in the numbers of miracles we can perform in any one session.

Realistically, we won't even touch the new statute for at least another year. We need everyone comfortable thatcivilization didn't end and blood is not running in the streets.

Another thing you have going against changing the law is that immaturity is pandemic nowadays among your peers.From society's perspective you are conisdered a child until you're almost 30. Under 21 and you're viewed as still in diapers and that's a hard sell at the legislature.

Fred

Post imported post

Makes sense.

By the time the bill finally went through all the hoops and became law, i will probably be 21 anyways.

Hopefully one day though, i would like to see this county go back in time a little in terms of responsibility and morals. Then again, most people do too, there are just the bad eggs mixed in.

Post imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
    We (AzCDL) are limited on the number of miracles we can perform in any given session.
    If the NRA come to help AZCDL, it'll take twice as long to perform a miracle...

Post imported post

paintsnow wrote:
    azcdlfred wrote:
    armedman wrote:

Fred

Have you considered getting a Maine concealed permit? Maine will issue non-resident permits to 18+.

Post imported post

GWbiker wrote:
    azcdlfred wrote:
    We (AzCDL) are limited on the number of miracles we can perform in any given session.
    If the NRA come to help AZCDL, it'll take twice as long to perform a miracle...
    Or, more likely, set you back 10 years.

State Researcher

Post imported post

rpyne wrote:
    Have you considered getting a Maine concealed permit? Maine will issue non-resident permits to 18+.
    In Arizona, that is not an option, nor will it be an option under SB 1108.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

rpyne wrote:
    paintsnow wrote:
    azcdlfred wrote:
    armedman wrote:

Fred

I don't think that would help him in AZ, because under AZ law, he'd still have to be 21 to carry concealed here. I'll try to find the cite for that...