• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Immigration bill is very dangerous

AZ2CO09

imported post

The lack of common sense before making stupid remarks amazes me. Yes, I lived there most of my life. Now, I live in Colorado. I am well aware of where I live. Thank you for your concern. Now go take your meds.

GWbiker wrote:
Firepower wrote:
Having lived most of my life in Arizona, I look upon this new bill with disgust. It is a violation of the 4th Amendment...PERIOD. If the goal is to slow Illegal Immigration (Which I wholeheartedly support), then take their incentive away from coming here. We all know the Feds could care less how much Human Debris invades our country. Start prosecuting and jailing employers who do not use eVerify. Eliminate all social programs for those that can not prove their citizenship. These 2 measures will solve the problem without growing Arizona's Police State any further. Instead, the geniuses at the State House want a return to "Your Papers Please". We are not Nazi Germany, nor are we Stalinist Russia...OK, so maybe just California...but not us.

You've lived in Arizona most of your life and you post your location as Colorado? Do you have any idea just where you are?

Damn, the free advice on non-gun related topics just keeps on coming.....:banghead:

AZ2CO09

imported post

Who made you the Moderator here? Get a life. There are quite a few Arizona Residents who comment on other State Forums. The goal (I hope) we all share is to legalize OC in ALL states. All you seem to want to do is start crap with anyone who doesn't share your uneducated opinion. Perhaps you should take a breath since we all (supposedly) are after the same thing.

GWbiker wrote:
Arizona gun owners on this subforum face a pesky little problem which surfaces every few months which concerns outsiders who are so frustrated with their inability to correct second Amendment injustices within their own states.

Therefore, they TROLL on this subforum to question us about Arizona Immigration/Check Point issues, none of which should really interest them.

But here they come, with questions - never any answers....

Sooooooo......

acmariner99

imported post

Last I checked, DC is doing NOTHING to solve this problem. At least Arizona is trying. As I understand the law, if suspicion of a crime has been committed and the offender cannot in any way prove who he is -- especially against immigration paperwork, they go home. It doesn't affect US citizens. US citizens or other legal persons will have a way to prove who they are regardless if they have papers on them or not. I give Arizona kudos for taking matters into its own hands, maybe the method is controversial, at least Arizona is trying to do something about it. I don't see DC doing anything, which is what they are good at -- NOTHING.

DocNTexas

imported post

I don't live in AZ but I fully support this bill and I hope Texas followsAZ's footstepsby passing a similar bill next session.

As far as it causing a problem for the common citizen, well, there is already a law (has been for many years now) that allows an officer to stop anyone he wishes for any reason and demand they positively identify them self. If the person does not have a drivers license, government ID, passport or other legitimate form of ID then the officer can detain the person until their true identity can be determined or verified.

All this new law does is allowan officerto follow upby arresting anyone found to be here illegally and deport them. Before, all the officer could do was let them go after their ID was determined (illegal or not) but now they can deal with the illegal ones. It has nothing to do with race, Nazi state or carrying more papers, it merely allows the state to do the job the government should be (but is not) doing for them.

Doc

mzbk2l

imported post

GWBiker, TOF, and all of you other nanny-government fans who support this law, answer a question for me:

Since you have no problem with agents of our government stopping you to ask you for your papers, comrade, would you also not mind them entering your house with no warrant or no permission? After all, there "could" be illegals hiding therein, and we should support every effort to root them out, right? You shouldn't have any issue giving up the rest of your freedoms after you give up the first one, I wouldn't think....

Perhaps if that clown Arpaio would get off his behind and start busting some of the traitorous companies who hire the illegals, the market for their labor would go away. Once that happens, they'll self-deport, without us having to give up a single one of our rights.

He does have a night shift, doesn't he? They could go to every cleaning company at every office building in the valley and put them all out of business in a single night. That would probably do more to start an exodus of illegals than all of the freedom-infringing laws you can imagine.

Unless I'm driving, I practice "sterile" open carry (no ID) everywhere I go. I hope I'm the test case for this law; I'll make a fortune.

mzbk2l

imported post

DocNTexas wrote:
As far as it causing a problem for the common citizen, well, there is already a law (has been for many years now) that allows an officer to stop anyone he wishes for any reason and demand they positively identify them self. If the person does not have a drivers license, government ID, passport or other legitimate form of ID then the officer can detain the person until their true identity can be determined or verified.

Doc
That might be the case in Texas, but it's not in Arizona (nor in most of the rest of the free states of the union). I'm sorry you have to live under such tyranny.

We are required to verbally identify ourselves if asked, but cannot be detained without reasonable suspicion that we have committed a crime. (Although this law may have muddied that up.)

Sounds like Texas has a long ways to go on MANY counts! (Open Carry, Constitutional Carry, stop-and-detain laws, etc.)

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

Boy people are coming out of the wood work these days :) It appears we have some states that are a bit jealous that we are saying ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

It's really easy to say unconstitutional this, that or the other...Let's be clear here, Arizona is ranked number 2 or 3 in the world for kidnappings. This is entirely from Mexico.

So, we are making the punishment for a criminal to get caught with a concealed firearm much harsher. We are putting law's back in place that allow the law abiding citizen to protect themselves. We made it a law to check for illegals and send them home. Many of my relatives are American that are Hispanic...they don't have a problem with saying "I AM A AMERICAN, HERE IS MY ID" Darn....almost sounds like Arizona is one of the very...very few states that has balls enough to do anything these day's to protect the public.

I bet money that if Idaho bordered Mexico...many of the people that complained earlier would be tooting a different tone.

In all honesty, and not trying to be mean to anyone here...if you don't live here you have no clue about the environment...what we deal with day to day, so please leave your advice at the border.

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Arizona gun owners on this subforum face a pesky little problem which surfaces every few months which concerns outsiders who are so frustrated with their inability to correct second Amendment injustices within their own states.

Therefore, they TROLL on this subforum to question us about Arizona Immigration/Check Point issues, none of which should really interest them.

But here they come, with questions - never any answers....

Sooooooo......

Oooh I don't think this all the way true, yes I am in Illinois, but what may effect you could also come to my state or someone elses in the near future. I think all of us here on OpenCarry.org realise the big bohemouth called Federal Govt is ever trying to expand and do so by encouraging, finanancing and strong arming the individual states in our confederation to carry out it's will.

If I were in Arizona i would not support your anti immigration bill but would instead offer up an alternate solutionthat Arizona truly fortify and barricade the border so that illegals don't get accross period, then there will be no concern about whether someone is in Arizona from Mexico illegally no need to violate one's privacy byasking for ID while minding your own business. BTW GWBiker what you do in Arizona personally in the support of freedom and right to carry with solutions, answers and warnings DOES help us in the other states directly and indirectly vice versa, hence it is healthy and helpful for all to contribute discussion from each others states, so keep up your good fight and thankyou for your efforts brother in LIBERTY!

As for securing the border California, New Mexico and Texas would have to do the same.

If we don't hang together we shall surely be hung separatly!

PT111

imported post

If I were in Arizona i would not support your anti immigration bill but would instead offer up an alternate solutionthat Arizona truly fortify and barricade the border so that illegals don't get accross period

That sounds very Bradyish that if we pass enough laws against guns the BG's won't have any. I do not live near the border with another country unless you consider the Atlantic Ocean a border but I don't think you can fortify a border well enough to keep at least some people from getting across. Just like no matter how many laws you pass or whatever you are not going to keepcriminals from getting guns.

mzbk2l

imported post

PT111 wrote:
If I were in Arizona i would not support your anti immigration bill but would instead offer up an alternate solutionthat Arizona truly fortify and barricade the border so that illegals don't get accross period

That sounds very Bradyish that if we pass enough laws against guns the BG's won't have any. I do not live near the border with another country unless you consider the Atlantic Ocean a border but I don't think you can fortify a border well enough to keep at least some people from getting across. Just like no matter how many laws you pass or whatever you are not going to keepcriminals from getting guns.
Perhaps I'm misreading your intention, but it seems to me that your reply contradicts itself. You're apparently saying it's ok to pass more laws infringing on our rights, as long as they stop illegal immigrants. It's not ok to pass more laws infringing on our rights if they stop criminals from getting guns, though.

You can't have it both ways. Most people here acknowledge that more laws will not prevent more criminals from getting guns. They don't seem to believe the same can hold true about illegal aliens, though. For some reason, giving up just one more of our rights will suddenly rid Arizona of that scourge. (Yeah, right.)

I'm all for getting rid of illegals. I truly believe that companies who hire them 1) drive the market for them, and 2) are traitors. I have no problem with a big wall or an armed force on the border. I have no problem destroying the livelihood of anyone who would hire them. I DO have a problem with all of these "progressives" in sheep's clothing who would actually thank the government for the privilege of surrendering yet another of their liberties. What the hell are these people thinking?!? (Obvious answer.... they're NOT.)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

DocNTexas wrote:

Which law is this? Got a cite?

Hasthis law you refer tobeen challenged for constitutionality?

GWbiker

imported post

Firepower wrote:
Who made you the Moderator here? Get a life. There are quite a few Arizona Residents who comment on other State Forums. The goal (I hope) we all share is to legalize OC in ALL states. All you seem to want to do is start crap with anyone who doesn't share your uneducated opinion. Perhaps you should take a breath since we all (supposedly) are after the same thing.

[/quote]

Ah, getting personal - a liberals last resort when the argument bag is empty.

have a nice day, Junior.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
Ah, getting personal - a liberals last resort when the argument bag is empty.

So is ignoring the question.... did you miss mine up above? :)

People with weak positions always ignore the questions. Andoften get personal.

The better categorization is not liberal/conservative, Dem/Repub, Blacks/Whites,etc.

It is weak position/viable position.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

If the Gov announced that she was calling out the milita... and anyone who arrived on the border would be sworn, deputized or whatever... and the objective was to repel invaders by deadly force... I'd be there with my junk in the trunkin 20 minutes.

So... they rest of y'all can attempt to insult each other with whatever puffery you can muster... but for me... I don't give two hoots what the hell you think if you're not up against this border. 'Far as I'm concerned, the Constution does not apply to foreign invaders. The Feds have failed to do it. The Feds have pretty much ignored it... and pilloried their own Border Patrolmen when they got jammed. Meanwhile... the problem grows. US citizens are murdered, raped, 'n robbed while you moonbats argue the vaguaries of proof of citizenship.'Push come to shove... I'd rather shoot first 'n ask questions later. But that's just me... 'causeI can actually see Mexico from my veranda.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
....'Far as I'm concerned, the Constution does not apply to foreign invaders. The Feds have failed to do it. The Feds have pretty much ignored it....... the problem grows.
Then solve the problem.Onlyleave the constitution intact.

And mebberemember who the original foreign invaders for that land were...

Sonora Rebel wrote:
....'Push come to shove... I'd rather shoot first 'n ask questions later. But that's just me...
Just what the antis like, SR:a gun guy who wants to take the law into his own hands and use the power of the gun--without any responsibility.

Nice job.

Hopefully it's just you. But not likely.

A more realistic hope is that thereare only a relative few of youse.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Something about... 'in defense of themselves and the state... come to mind. Stay in Joisy Hank... and lick the hands that feed you.