Thread: Just moved here from PA

Post imported post

Hello everyone!

I recently just moved to the Valley from the city of Pittsburgh. I have my license to carry for PA and most other states but Cali seems to be unattainable. My cousin told me about this site so I started to do my research. My carry gun for the longest time is a S&W model 637-2 featherweight with a 2 inch barrel but I've heard the law here does not like snub noses. Also was wondering if there is anyone in the valley area or if there are ever any meet ups because I would love to be apart of it and show my support. This country as it is, is in bad shape so people who understand the rights given to us under the constitution need to stick together.

Hope to meet some of you soon

Post imported post

Hey Bloodsin,

Welcome to the PRK. What part of the Valley did you move to?

I live in Roseville, CA (PRK).

I don't know if police frown on snubbies or not.

markm

Post imported post

I'm currently in Van Nuys. Honestly I hope they don't, the gun restrictions here are insane compared to back east.

Post imported post

as long as the gun is in a belt holster, and NOT concealed, you should not have a problem with carrying it.

The speed loaders can be in your pocket, or can be on a belt pouch. THEY do not need to be exposed.

Welcome to CA, and you will find someone in the south to hook up with. I am sure of that.

Read all the laws, and know them. You may need to teach the leo's you meet.

Post imported post

As a former PA resident, myself, (harrisburg and philadelphia), welcome to the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

I also used to have a permit in PA -- esay to get in a shall-issue state. And, like down there, up here in the Bay Area, a CCW is almost impossible to get (IIRC the gentleman I spoke to in the sherrif's office told me that they interpret "justification" as "someone practically has to be shooting at you as you are applying")

I like the idea (though it's not the only reason) of saying "If you won't let us carry concealed then we will carry openly."

Anyhow, best of luck down there!

Post imported post

Welcome to CaliforniaBloodsin.

You've come to the front lines of thegun control battle in an interesting time. You will find that there are groups emerging throughout the state, while some are standing down pending the outcome of the McDonald decision. Regardless, make yourself at home...
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com