• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just moved here from PA

Bloodsin

imported post

Hello everyone!

I recently just moved to the Valley from the city of Pittsburgh. I have my license to carry for PA and most other states but Cali seems to be unattainable. My cousin told me about this site so I started to do my research. My carry gun for the longest time is a S&W model 637-2 featherweight with a 2 inch barrel but I've heard the law here does not like snub noses. Also was wondering if there is anyone in the valley area or if there are ever any meet ups because I would love to be apart of it and show my support. This country as it is, is in bad shape so people who understand the rights given to us under the constitution need to stick together.

Hope to meet some of you soon

markm

imported post

Hey Bloodsin,

Welcome to the PRK. What part of the Valley did you move to?

I live in Roseville, CA (PRK).

I don't know if police frown on snubbies or not.

markm

Bloodsin

imported post

I'm currently in Van Nuys. Honestly I hope they don't, the gun restrictions here are insane compared to back east.

Iopencarry

imported post

as long as the gun is in a belt holster, and NOT concealed, you should not have a problem with carrying it.

The speed loaders can be in your pocket, or can be on a belt pouch. THEY do not need to be exposed.

Welcome to CA, and you will find someone in the south to hook up with. I am sure of that.

Read all the laws, and know them. You may need to teach the leo's you meet.

flygirl

imported post

As a former PA resident, myself, (harrisburg and philadelphia), welcome to the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

I also used to have a permit in PA -- esay to get in a shall-issue state. And, like down there, up here in the Bay Area, a CCW is almost impossible to get (IIRC the gentleman I spoke to in the sherrif's office told me that they interpret "justification" as "someone practically has to be shooting at you as you are applying")

I like the idea (though it's not the only reason) of saying "If you won't let us carry concealed then we will carry openly."

Anyhow, best of luck down there!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Welcome to CaliforniaBloodsin.

You've come to the front lines of thegun control battle in an interesting time. You will find that there are groups emerging throughout the state, while some are standing down pending the outcome of the McDonald decision. Regardless, make yourself at home...