• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield News-Sun - Open carry rally well received in Urbana, OH

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/springfield-news/gun-rally-with-stops-for-coffee-make-for-interesting-mix-in-downtown-urbana-658691.html

SNIP

Gun rally - with stops for coffee - make for interesting mix in downtown Urbana
By Kelly Mori, Staff Writer 6:54 PM Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cyclist Brian Aldridge had stopped into the Coffee Depot on Miami Street early Saturday, April 17, when about 30 individuals, carrying guns on their hips, walked in.

“I thought the place had been invaded. I was just glad I had already gotten my coffee,” the Urbana man said, clearly joking. “Actually it didn’t bother me. I like to see nice people have guns. I think it’s a good thing.”

Aldridge’s reaction to the 3rd annual Second Amendment Walk in downtown Urbana was about typical for individuals who provided their opinion about the walk that began at 10:30 a.m. just east of the square.

“We’ve had very few negative responses from the public in the two years we’ve done this,” said Tom Horch, one of the walk’s organizers, “We just walk down the street peacefully. We’re not out to get in an argument with anybody.”

The group’s goal is to educate individuals about the right to open carry, Horch said. “People think you need a special permit to open carry,” he said. “We want to inform the public that you don’t — unless you conceal and carry.”

. . .