• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FMJ vs HP against a water jug

mqondo

imported post

I thought I would take a video of what happens to a 1 gallon water jug when hit by FMJ (full metal jacket) versus an HP (hollow point). The camera (phone) is about 10 feet away. I shot from about 15 feet away or so. Here is what I came up with.

[flash=600,361]http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid722.photobucket.com/albums/ww226/sleepieweasel/FMJvsHP.flv[/flash]

Rottie

imported post

Awesome! I carry that caliber daily and that was a great demonstration of it's abilities. On a side note, I think you carry a 1911 is that correct? I have two, both springfields. one is and ultra compact and the other is a full size TRP. I love them both. Thanks for sharing your experiment!:celebrate

mqondo

imported post

Rottie wrote:
Awesome! I carry that caliber daily and that was a great demonstration of it's abilities. On a side note, I think you carry a 1911 is that correct? I have two, both springfields. one is and ultra compact and the other is a full size TRP. I love them both. Thanks for sharing your experiment!:celebrate
Yeah, I carry a S&W 1911 full size. It's a sweet shooter. I have been wanting one for a long time. I used to have a Springfield Mil-Spec, but sold it to get the S&W.
SW1911Snake-1.jpg