• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arbys in Lapeer, Positive LEO encounter.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Why give ID when you are not required to? Are we just sheep? What this accomplishesis the LEO thinks/learns thathe/she can demand it and take it from anyone at anytime. Do we want to train LEOs that way?

Just wondering?

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

If the cop starts off being cool, then I show ID, to recipricate. this usually makes things go smoother for both of us. The defenses start to come down, and may keep the cop from looking deeper to find a reason to bust you. Like tossing a cigarette, if you smoke, or swearing, spitting, a pocket knife CCW charge, speeding, whatever.

We are in the process of building bridges, changing minds, and opening doors. We want to have respect, and credibility, not to come off as a bunch of pricks.

ETA. If a cop wants to be a prick to me first, then Im not giving my ID. And I take the 5th. Later, probably in court, I will explain to the judge that I have had many LEO encounters, and that the only reason it went differently is because of the actions of the officer in question. Further, I would request that the judge order that officer in particular to be the one to personally return my gun to me.:p

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

If the cop starts off being cool, then I show ID, to recipricate. this usually makes things go smoother for both of us. The defenses start to come down, and may keep the cop from looking deeper to find a reason to bust you. Like tossing a cigarette, if you smoke, or swearing, spitting, a pocket knife CCW charge, speeding, whatever.

We are in the process of building bridges, changing minds, and opening doors. We want to have respect, and credibility, not to come off as a bunch of pricks.

ETA. If a cop wants to be a prick to me first, then Im not giving my ID. And I take the 5th. Later, probably in court, I will explain to the judge that I have had many LEO encounters, and that the only reason it went differently is because of the actions of the officer in question. Further, I would request that the judge order that officer in particular to be the one to personally return my gun to me.:p

Doesn't really address my concerns of a growing police state does it? I know that the Jews were polite to the police too, they wanted it to go SMOOTHLY too,look what it got them.

I don't want to attract flies, vinegar in the eye is a great wake up call.

We can build bridges by following the law and give ID when we are REQUIRED to.

lapeer20m

imported post

it didn't get done today, and i work tomorrow, so it will probably be monday before i can pick it up.

Last time i submitted a foia to this organization it was ready for me to pick up in about 2 hours. Maybe they were busy today, or had someone call in sick. After all, their primary job is to dispatch and answer 911 calls.

EM87

imported post

scot623 wrote:
EM87 wrote:
Glad to hear things turned out alright. I would not be happy if he ran my ID illegally though. Sounds like a learning experience for those around you, which is good.

To say the officer illegally ran his ID is wrong. Stainless offered his ID, therefore giving the officer permission to run it. I'd have done the same thing. To each their own. Good job, stainless.

Yeah, that sounds correct to me. My bad. :p