• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Target Stores

G

imported post

22-250 wrote:
We need Mike Cox to make this all go away. One could go nuts keeping all this strait.
How will he do that?

Does Mike Cox have some magical powers?

While he seems to have mesmerized a person or 2 around here, I doubt that he can do much more than write an opinion here or there. And since he's so busy campaigning for governor, I would not hold my breath waiting for one of them to be promulgated either.

Last I knew, legislation was enacted by the legislature of which Mike Cox is not a member. Nor is he seeking a position within the legislature either.

Bronson

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
yup, and CC isnt legal without a cpl, so basically if you dont have a cpl and the place sells alcohol, dont carry

According to the wording of the law you can't even have the pistol on the property owned by the liquor licensee if you do not have a CPL.
750.234d Possession of firearm on certain premises prohibited; applicability; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.

Sec. 234d.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:

(h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of 1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.

MCL 750.234d does NOT offer a parking lot exemption toits list of PFZs.

Since "premises" is not defined in the statute a dictionary definition can be used. Merriam-Webster's online dictionary defines "premise" as: a :[/b] a tract of land with the buildings thereon b[/b] :[/b] a building or part of a building usually with its appurtenances (as grounds)

Bronson

22-250

imported post

Well of coarse not, but.. if he were governor and a few in Lansing were to push something knowing he would sign it , them , maybe... Ok sue me for dreaming... well it has happened elsewhere..

G

imported post

22-250 wrote:
Well of coarse not, but.. if he were governor and a few in Lansing were to push something knowing he would sign it , them , maybe... Ok sue me for dreaming... well it has happened elsewhere..
But the governor doesn't have to sign legislation for it to become enacted.

And I don't really want to see you get sued.

Just don't get yourself wrapped up in the campaign rhetoric. That's how we get change.