• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why I am going to OC more!

junkie

imported post

I was going through the paper today at work and came across this map of the crime in Eau Claire just in the month of March. I wonder how many of these would have never happened if the criminal saw the "victim" was open carrying?

lance galloway

imported post

I had my car robbed my dads car was robed at Gordys County Market and I know someone who had 500$ robed out of ther car at Gordys all in the last 6 months.I never leave the house without my gun!

protias

imported post

B-b-but Eau Claire is such a safe town. Why do you need to carry a gun? :banghead:

goforlow

imported post

I am in complete agreement about carrying. I look at this map every month in the local paper. We all know that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens lowers crime.

Yes, Eau Claire is considered a "low" crime city. But I don't know about anybody else, but "low" crime is not NO crime...so myself or my family could have a crime commited against them. Another issue is the local media is also touting that crime in the Eau Claire area is "lowering". But a few months ago, crime was on the rise.

The other odd thing about Eau Claire, is the City police chief thinks that NO ONE but police should have guns. The majority of EC city "street" cops believe that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens lowers crime. The Eau Claire county sheriff believes whatever you need him to believe. (He is an elected official) And again the EC county police that actually work with the public believe like we do.

Guns DO NOT cause crime...but they are one hell of a tool to prevent it!!

lance galloway

imported post

I would like to see aEau Clairemap for all crime in 2009.

Eau Claire is not the safe city the Police make it out to be. Just look at the map I mean thats just one month!

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Eau Claire is not the safe city the Police make it out to be.

Sun Media from Canada was down this past Sunday doing a story on Open-Carry. He asked me during the interview what I had to say to the people of Canada about carrying. I replied that I wasn't super familiar with crime rates in Canada, but that there was no better way to KEEP an already safe place safe than for the law-abiding citizens to carry guns.

As population grows and population concentrations grow, crime tends to follow.

Likewise, even if Eau Claire had very little crime, a great way to KEEP the crime rate low is for the law-abiding (who so choose) to be armed.

JustMe

imported post

Do you guys think the concentration of crimes just north and west of the Chippewa Riverand the UWEC campus is mostly student related? That area was mostly student rental housing when I went to UWEC in the 1990s. Alcohol and hormones can be a combination for bad behavior.

JustMe

imported post

junkie:
I agree with you. I wish WI would get a carry system that would allow concealed as well as open carry and have reciprocity with MN and other states too.

goforlow

imported post

I agree with you junkie.

I live on the west side of Eau Claire. I am about 3 miles from the Water St area. For those not from Eau Claire, the Water St area is drunk college student central. About 20 bars in 5 blocks and crap loads of college student rental houses.

If someone tries to harm my family or myself, I WILL NOT go down without a fight.

Landose_theghost

imported post

Just a thought, but maybe we should all get similar crime maps of our local towns/cities and hand them out/post them around. Maybe then ppl will see how real the nerfed upworld they live in is. Shove the red pill down their throats!:D

-Landose-