• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Short Barreled Rifles and Shotguns Passes Senate, Heads to Governor’s Desk for Consideration!

REB

imported post

This bill was signed by the Governor yesterday!

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Cool - maybe this will give us some momentum to pass more pro-2A laws. Or overturningsome laws infringing on our RKBA.

Thanks for the heads-up, Reb. Happy Confederate History Month!!

eye95

imported post

It doesn't much matter to me, other than it advances the cause of RKBA.

Rick Barber!!!

REB

imported post

For some of us open carry is not at the top of the list although it is important. This was one of the few bad gun laws on the books in our state and it's one step closer to where we need to be.

For me the biggest issues in Alabamaare changing to a central run must issue system that removes the current discretionary power local sheriffs have and to make your vehicle an extension of your private property like it is in a lot of states with no permit required. I would also like to see the legislature extend preemption to the administrative code in one form or another to clean it up.

A good must issue system would removing the power of the sheriff to pull your permit almost at will and prevent them from using this power to discourage open carry.

AL Ranger

imported post

Great! Now all we have to do is use the 9th and 10th amendments to create a Alabama Firearms Manufacture Law like Montana and Tennessee did so that any firearms, components (think high-capacity magazines/silencers, etc.) can not be regulated by the federal government. There is already a Class III dealer with silencer shop operating in Athens, AL right on US 72. He builds silencers for any firearm you need. Without federal oversight maybe we can get the process more streamlined, bring the costs down for silencers, short-barreled weapons and shotguns.

47_MasoN_47

imported post

I'm planning to get a suppressor for my Glocks and 10/22 soon from the fellow in Athens. I just need to get a copy of that NFA form. It'd be great if we could get the federal gov't out of our arms regulations.

47_MasoN_47

imported post

Have you ever actually tried it? Even with a .22 and a bottle full of packing peanuts the results were unimpressive. I'm just saving up to buy a ligit one.

stuckinchico

imported post

47_MasoN_47 wrote:
Have you ever actually tried it? Even with a .22 and a bottle full of packing peanuts the results were unimpressive. I'm just saving up to buy a ligit one.

Ya It wasnt recognizable as a gunshot which is what i was looking for sounds like popping a really big bag of chips to me

MSteve

imported post

AL Ranger wrote:
Great! Now all we have to do is use the 9th and 10th amendments to create a Alabama Firearms Manufacture Law like Montana and Tennessee did so that any firearms, components (think high-capacity magazines/silencers, etc.) can not be regulated by the federal government. There is already a Class III dealer with silencer shop operating in Athens, AL right on US 72. He builds silencers for any firearm you need. Without federal oversight maybe we can get the process more streamlined, bring the costs down for silencers, short-barreled weapons and shotguns.

Do you have the name of the shop? Does he have a website?

That's not too far from me.