• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Domestic battery diversion dismissal CC law

lylemc

imported post

I had a DB charge that was diverted then dismissed. My question is can I get a CC carry permit and or OC? Since this has been dismissed I have passed a Fed background check to purchase firearms after the background check took around 2 weeks they came back with proceed. Now, Im sure the Fed check found my arrest and then it took awhile to see that my case was Dismissed therefore I was legal to purchase. What is the law on this as far as OC, CC and does any one have any experience with this? Thanks in advance

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

lylemc wrote:
I had a DB charge that was diverted then dismissed. My question is can I get a CC carry permit and or OC? Since this has been dismissed I have passed a Fed background check to purchase firearms after the background check took around 2 weeks they came back with proceed. Now, Im sure the Fed check found my arrest and then it took awhile to see that my case was Dismissed therefore I was legal to purchase. What is the law on this as far as OC, CC and does any one have any experience with this? Thanks in advance
Charges not prosecuted - no conviction will have the same effect = NONE.

Yata hey

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

K.S.A. § 75-7c04(a)(6) imposes a 5-year disqualification following placement on diversion for certain offenses.

You will need to determine whether your case is among those listed. If so, you will have to wait 5 years to apply for a concealed handgun license.

However, there is pending legislation, SB 306, that would eliminate this disqualification. It has passed both houses in different forms and is now in a conference committee. If it passes and becomes law, it would be effective July 1, 2010.

lylemc

imported post

Where does it address this particular issue in Bill 306? I'm having a hard time finding this.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

lylemc wrote:
Where does it address this particular issue in Bill 306? I'm having a hard time finding this.
I fixed a bad link to the bill above. It should work now. The bill would strike out the diversion disqualifiers (and many others beyond the minimum federal disqualifiers).