• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to KY!!!

Ruderpinne

imported post

Hey guys!! I used to live in Lexington before I carried but now I am moving to KY E-Town Elizabeth town at the end of may most likely!

So was just wondering how it is their? I dont OC to much mainly CC but from what I have heard E-Town is EXTREMELY nice!!!

Cant wait to move now!

Any tips or advice would be great! If anyone is near would love to go shoot when I get there!

Thanks in advance!

neuroblades

imported post

Well, being that I haven't seen an answer from anyone else yet. I'll try to help as much as I can. *LOL*

OC in KY is still good to go. There have been some remote issues from area to area but legally, KY is still a Gold Star state and rated as a "2" out of "100" accroding to the gun-control Brady clan, that meaning that we are a very gun friendly state. :)

There are others here that can give you alot more detailed info being that they're closer to the area you're moving to.

FatGeek

imported post

Spend a day at Knob Creek gun range (35 min drive from E-town) when you get back :D Best $10 you can spend for a day of fun. Awesome range down there, well stocked store, run by really cool people.

Ruderpinne

imported post

FatGeek wrote:
Spend a day at Knob Creek gun range (35 min drive from E-town) when you get back :D Best $10 you can spend for a day of fun. Awesome range down there, well stocked store, run by really cool people.

Thanks for getting back to me guys!!

Fatgeek LOL love the name are you nearby there? Maybe we can hook up and shoot?

The day I move I will prob be at that range just fyi or the next day to get a *feel* for the place:celebrate

chris in va

imported post

I'm in Shepherdsville, let me know when you guys want to do the Knob Creek thing.

On a side note, please be careful on the roads. Drivers here think they're the only one on the planet.

Unfettered Might

imported post

Hell, I'll even come out for that. Any reason to get some target practice in.

I'll even bring my new toy, still need to sight the red dot scope in anyway.

neuroblades

imported post

When is the next Knob Creek shooting event scheduled, how much, and what major city is it near? Just curious.

DreamReclaimer

imported post

neuroblades wrote:
When is the next Knob Creek shooting event scheduled, how much, and what major city is it near?  Just curious.

Knob Creek was once a military range located (appropriately enough) in Bullitt County, KY IIRC. Now it's civvie range famous for it's bi-annual machine gun shoots:
http://www.knobcreekrange.com/

http://www.knobcreekshoot.com/

Haven't been, but I've been hearing about it for years.

neuroblades

imported post

DreamReclaimer wrote:
neuroblades wrote:
When is the next Knob Creek shooting event scheduled, how much, and what major city is it near? Just curious.

Knob Creek was once a military range located (appropriately enough) in Bullitt County, KY IIRC. Now it's civvie range famous for it's bi-annual machine gun shoots:
http://www.knobcreekrange.com/

http://www.knobcreekshoot.com/

Haven't been, but I've been hearing about it for years.
I've heard about it for many years as well but never got around to attending one for one reason or another. I'm looking to make it to one soon though.

chris in va

imported post

Next one is October 9-11. It's extremely crowded, body to body. The night shoot is simply amazing, although this year had a few technical difficulties due to a hillside fire started by a few stray tracer rounds. Shooting ceased while the firefighters did their thing, and even then the blaze didn't get fully put out.

Bring lots of cash. Large vendor area, plus machine gun rental down the hill. If you bring a carry gun or just something you want to sell, the guys at the gate will zip tie the action open...no loaded weapons unless you're LEO.

I live 10 miles down the road and try to head out there once a week. $10 for all day range use.

neuroblades

imported post

That sounds like a really good rate for all day range use. Kind of on the fence about the zip tied issue. I know gun shows do it and I guess that there are some good merits to it but still.

I'll have to make plans and come down sometime.

TheMrMitch

imported post

4512161603_a9b45f4729_b.jpg

Ruderpinne

imported post

Hey thanks everyone for the great hospitality I cant wait till we all hook up and go shoot!!!

I was their this weekend drove 640 miles with my stepdad to help him unload then flew back didnt have access to any computers.

I did check out some pawn shops their and their gun prices are outrageous, a used 15 22 for 500........

I didnt get a chance to stop by any gun stores sadly =(

I love the place though the house is huge and our neighbors are cool!

Unfettered Might

imported post

Glocker9 wrote:
Hey thanks everyone for the great hospitality I cant wait till we all hook up and go shoot!!!

I was their this weekend drove 640 miles with my stepdad to help him unload then flew back didnt have access to any computers.

I did check out some pawn shops their and their gun prices are outrageous, a used 15 22 for 500........

I didnt get a chance to stop by any gun stores sadly =(

I love the place though the house is huge and our neighbors are cool!
I find that most pawn shops and a lot of individuals will try to sell guns for more than what they are worth brand new. Shop around.

Buds gun shop in Lexington has really good prices.