• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to KY!!!

Unfettered Might

imported post

neuroblades wrote:
Is that the gunshop on Southland Drive?
BudsGunShop.Com
1123 Winchester Road
Lexington, KY 40505
Phone: (859) 368-0371

Looked on the map and didn't see a Southland drive nearby so maybe not??

Just know I got this for 460.10 out the door. I love it

taurus_PT92SS17.jpg

neuroblades

imported post

Very nice sidearm there. :) Taken from the Baretta Model 92 looks like. I didn't know until recently that Baretta owns Taurus, I think I read somewhere recently.

Unfettered Might

imported post

Thanks.

Actually I was unaware that Beretta owned Taurus. Did they buy them out recently?

Yep it's a copy of the Beretta 92 design, designated PT-92 AFS (Aluminum Frame Stainless).

Yet to have a single failure and it can handle +P+ rounds, hehe. Although I don't target shoot with them, I just carry SD rounds in +P+.

neuroblades

imported post

Yeah, I remember reading something about it in an article in one of the gun magazines a few months back. It was about how Taurus has come a long ways from their first guns which were meet with poor reviews to their current firearms which are of far better quality.

I'm not sure of the magazing I read it in but I found the info and I was partially wrong. *LOL*

In 1970, the Bangor Punta Corporation, then the parent company of Smith & Wesson, purchased 54 percent of Forjas Taurus, allowing the two firearms manufacturers to easily share information regarding design and manufacturing. In 1977, Taurus was purchased from Bangor Punta by its current owners, and its ties to Smith & Wesson were severed.

In 1980, after Italian arms manufacturer Beretta had completed its contracts to produce firearms for Brazil's military, Taurus purchased Beretta's São Paulo manufacturing plant along with the tooling, technical drawings, and work force necessary to produce several different pistol designs.

In order to more effectively tap the U.S. market, the company created a subsidiary, Taurus International Manufacturing Incorporated, also known as Taurus USA, in 1984.

Taurus bought out one of Beretta's Brazilian factories when Beretta's contract for their military ended. Lucky for Taurus! *LOL* Alot of critics have said that that was a major turning point for Taurus getting their firearms on track and into more markets.

As for my sidearm of choice, SIG! ;) I carry a 9mm SIG P229 Elite Dark & a .40 cal. SIG SCT.I've thought about maybe trading my .40 cal. SIG SCT for a .40 cal. SIG SAS for like condition. As for ammo, my primary defensive loadout is Hornady Critic Defense rounds, my secondary is Federal Hydra Shok. For practice, usually Federal or Winchester, which ever is cheapest factory load when I'm buying.

Unfettered Might

imported post

OOOH, me like Mr Mitch.

Yeah, the Taurus brand isn't given the credit it deserves.

Personally I'm a fan of metal guns.

I did kind of a quick search on Google and didn't see any right off, does Taurus use synthetic components on any of their firearms?

Unfettered Might

imported post

I didn't think so.

Both of the PT-92s I've owned were dead on right out of the box. No adjustment necessary.

Yep she's real purty Mitch and if you can't drop em with 9 45s, then you must be on safari lol.