Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC and Process Serving

Post imported post

A friend of the family has asked me to serve divorce papers and a PPO to her abusive husband.
    I think I would take a special joy in doing so but haven't answered yet.

I expect that most professional process servers carry.
    Any issues or comments to share about OCing while doing this?

Post imported post

id say you should carry if you do it,if the husband is known to be abusive against his wife,he could potentially attempt to be just as physical with you when you serve papers.

use a voice recorder to record the entire thing,he could try and say you assaulted him or pulled a firearm on him,or he could get violent with you and you would want evidence that you didnt do anything,or did what you did for a justifiable reason.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
    A friend of the family has asked me to serve divorce papers and a PPO to her abusive husband.
    I think I would take a special joy in doing so but haven't answered yet.

A thought for your consideration Sir . Please take it as food for thought and not implying anything:

If you have a direct connection to the friend of the family and/or an emotional interest it would be wise to allow a professional process server to take care of it...

Simply because if you do it and things go South any connection with you and the family friend could easily factor into an escalation ... and will certainly muddy the waters if all that turns out bad.

The amount of money spent on a professional server would be far less than the potential amount of money, hassle, and legal problems if you do it.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

I have to say that I tend to agree with Bikenut, BUT...I say go ahead and do it, just push the other factors aside. Probably easier said than done, soooo.

*Thinking and looking at the screen*

Here, look at this...you know both parties. At one time, I'm sure you would have done what you could to help either one of them out of a jam. Help her by providing for or augmenting her financial resources to GET A PROFESSIONAL SERVER to serve him.

I am not a lawyer, but I really think it would help to get an impartial party to do this.

You may do what you wish with my opinion.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Post imported post

Most woman abusers are too p«$$y to do the same to a man but as I am playing this out in my head I am enjoying it way too much . It needs to be done professionally so I will let someone else do it.

Post imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
    I think I would take a special joy in doing so ...
    Bad sign.

Even without a gun in the mix, it's a bad sign....

Savage.Detroit wrote:
    Brush up on the principles involved inHankT's Postulate of Civilian Self-Defense© which is, for anyone who has forgotten:

It is a bad strategy to shoot an unarmed person.

HPCSD©has been found to always apply. HPCSD©is your friend.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Savage.Detroit wrote:
    Bad sign.

Savage.Detroit wrote:
    Brush up on the principles involved inHankT's Postulate of Civilian Self-Defense© which is, for anyone who has forgotten:

I thought I read in a thread a little while back that your hpcsd was to run away.

Banned

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    id say you should carry if you do it,if the husband is known to be abusive against his wife,he could potentially attempt to be just as physical with you when you serve papers.

use a voice recorder to record the entire thing,he could try and say you assaulted him or pulled a firearm on him,or he could get violent with you and you would want evidence that you didnt do anything,or did what you did for a justifiable reason.
    ignore this post
    bad advice
    keep yourself out

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    I thought I read in a thread a little while back that your hpcsd was to run away.
    It's stated in the post above, CV. Read it and discuss. And it's HPCSD©, btw.

What do you think of Savage.Detroit's notion to serve the papers while OCing, CV? What're your thoughts about that?

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:

What do you think of Savage.Detroit's notion to serve the papers while OCing, CV? What're your thoughts about that?
    I'm more curious as to where you read that he wanted to shoot unarmed persons.
    What does that have to do with his question.

Since your off topic remark was worth posting, I figured it was worth responding to.

As as I stated, I read your hpcsd stated in another thread as being "run away".

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Savage.Detroit wrote:
    Bad sign.

Savage.Detroit wrote:

Hank... please don't start this foolishness again. It has been pointed out ad naseum that there is no such thing as an "unarmed person". All persons are "armed" with the weapons their bodies possess at the moment of birth.

Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

alright....how the hell do you get pictures to show up in the threads?
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
    Ya gotta click on "Da thing"...

cross thread reference.....

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Bikenut wrote:
    Ya gotta click on "Da thing"...

cross thread reference.....
    lol i caught the reference.....smart ass :P
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

Like this:

Post imported post

I would ALSO call the local police department ahead of time, let them know of the situation, and maybe even ask them to accompany you. If they are in fact on board with OC, and genuinely do care for the protection of people (which believe it or not, there are many that are) they should send an officer out to assist you, therefore if he gets belligerent, they can just arrest him on the spot.

A similar situation just happened at my fiance's work, apparently the process papers were delivered with the presence of 6 officers, the man being served pushed an officer and the gentleman serving the papers, and got to cool himself off in the county slammer.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    Like this:

Why is that guy carrying an AR?

Post imported post

Why can't you stay on topic hankt?

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:

Huh?

That doesn't even make sense. Read, actually read, the prior post (and HPCSD©) and get back to us.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:

Huh?

That doesn't even make sense. Read, actually read, the prior post (and HPCSD© ) and get back to us.
    The fact that you even bring up you nonsensical hpcsd is indicative of your disconnect from the reality of this discussion.

Fact: Your self proclaimed postulate refers to shooting unarmed individuals.

Fact: The OP stated nowhere within his postings that he wanted to shoot anyone either armed or unarmed.

Fact: Your posting is totally irrelevant to the discussion.

Banned

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    Like this:

MINOR WITH A GUN

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:

Huh?

That doesn't even make sense. Read, actually read, the prior post (and HPCSD© ) and get back to us.
    The fact that you even bring up you nonsensical hpcsd is indicative of your disconnect from the reality of this discussion.

Fact: Your self proclaimed postulate refers to shooting unarmed individuals.

Fact: The OP stated nowhere within his postings that he wanted to shoot anyone either armed or unarmed.
    Then why is OP wanting to OC a gun to go and serve the papers?

What's the gun for? Hmmm?

Post imported post

A deterrent against crime.

Hank, seriously, do you come here just to troll bro?
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Then why is OP wanting to OC a gun to go and serve the papers?

What's the gun for? Hmmm?

Yes, the real diabolical plan I have is to use the process serving as an excuse so I can put a cap in his ass because everyone who OCs is really only waiting for their chance to blow someone away.

Dude you sound like an anti.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast