• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FESTIVAL FOODS MAUSTON

Mlutz

imported post

This is starting to really get to me... This is the second business I was asked to leave this weekend. Here is my story, again, I'll be asking for any help you can give me...

Tonight I went into my local festival foods to do my weekley shopping, I finished my shopping without incident, then as I was standing in line to pay for a whole cart full of groceries, I was approached by a manager type, and was asked, "Are you a police officer?" Of course I answered, "No sir I am not." He then asked me to "remove that (pointing to my firearm) before I returned to the store." I then said, "That is not a problem, I will be leaving my cart and not returning. Is that ok?" He said it was and I left the store.

Does anyone know the policy of Festival foods? I though I have read it was ok. (As it is legal in the state.)

Well, I'm off to Wal-Mart to go shopping, for the SECOND time today. Thank all of you in advance for any help you can give me on this...

AaronS

imported post

It looks like J. Gleason had a talk to some of the people at Festival Food some time ago. From what he was posting it sounds like the place is OK with OC, kind of...

Im going to hope he can help sort this out.

Mlutz

imported post

I guess getting in touch with the corporate office would help me out here, I will have to do that. Also, I'm looking forward to the response from J. Gleason.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Mlutz wrote:
I guess getting in touch with the corporate office would help me out here, I will have to do that. Also, I'm looking forward to the response from J. Gleason.
I shop at the festival foods in Fond du lac. I have never had an issue. The only thing the management asked, was to let the employee at the service counter know that you were OC so they could give the other employees a heads up so they wouldn't be alarmed. Actually I never even have done that. No one has complained.

hardballer

imported post

Apparently, there is some confusion at Festival Foods. What worked at Woodman's surely would work here also. A call and chat with WI Carry.Org and ICarry.Org Corporate officers and the problem was resolved within a couple of days without picketing the stores.

hardballer

imported post

Mlutz wrote:
So, how could I help get that ball rolling? 
Contact Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman or bnhcomputing on this board and Shaun Karnish over at Icarry.org. They will help.

Edit: No business wants bad PR, nor do they want pickets marching outside their doors. All they have to do to avoid unpleasantness is agree to go along with state and federal law. The Constitution. I suspect they sell a lot more steak and potatoes to their customers than tofu.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Sounds more like police interference to me. The Mauston Bank, now the grocery store? It may only be 2 documented issues but it appears that the Mauston Police may be attempting to influence the population. TheSS did the same thing in Germany before Hitler was made Chancellor. Used unofficial (but forceful) influence to the local shops to refuse service to the Jews. Should try to see if there was any police memos regarding OC recently.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
Sounds more like police interference to me. The Mauston Bank, now the grocery store? It may only be 2 documented issues but it appears that the Mauston Police may be attempting to influence the population. TheSS did the same thing in Germany before Hitler was made Chancellor. Used unofficial (but forceful) influence to the local shops to refuse service to the Jews. Should try to see if there was any police memos regarding OC recently.
+1000

If they don't want to let you exercise your right to carry then exercise your right to free speech and picket in front of the store.

Personally what I would try first is contacting the loss prevention manager at the store. Talk with him first. If that does not work then call corporate anf find out what corp policy is. If they favor oc then OK if not then the festival stores should make the pickett list.

I still have had no issues in Fond du lac.

hunter9mm

imported post

I used to spend a lot of time in Mauston, had family there till a few years back. I wasn't into the OC thing at that time but do remember my Uncles always raggin' on the PD there as it was not very friendly to anything to do with gun owners and their rights.

hardballer

imported post

If this is due to a campaign of dis-information from the Mauston PD, that issue should be addressed as well. I can send a letter to the PD asking to clarify their position. What do you folks think?