• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the site

*1911_man*

imported post

I have been coming here for awhile now, and just decided to make an account.
Love the site, and love the topics here, many are very informative.

Just as an FYI, i am 19 years old, i carry a full size Glock 22 .40 cal in a black hawk serpa holster, use to carry in a shoulder rig, but it wasn't very comfortable.

Also, i have a .25 caliber jennings, brand new in the box, got it in a trade and dont need it, so i was thinking about maybe giving it to somone who really needs it, or cannot afford a handgun for protection, i know its just a .25, but sure beats a stick right? let me know what your thoughts on the matter are.

lopez100790

imported post

Well welcome aboard I myself just made an account acouple weeks ago. I too am 19 years old and open carry in this great gun friendly state of ours. Its nice to hear that other young adults are OCing. Like they say "A right unexcercised is a right lost":celebrate

RSKuroi

imported post

Tonight must be the night for new members, since I just signed up as well.

Been in AZ for a while now, Chandler area, with a move to PV pending. I've been following the OC movement closely since moving to this state and plan to join the cause, hopefully within the year.

Having grown up around firearms (father was an NRA member) in somewhat less open-thinking states (NY and ME), I'm quite pleased that AZ citizens are working hard to remove the stigmas associated with them.

*1911_man*

imported post

must be. :D

I love az, its awesome.
and i LOVE the fact that you dont need a CCW to CC. Even though you still gotta be 21. :(

RSKuroi

imported post

>meso.40< wrote:
must be. :D

I love az, its awesome.
and i LOVE the fact that you dont need a CCW to CC. Even though you still gotta be 21. :(
Well... not just yet, but soon.

Permit-less CCing still has to wait for all that pesky legalese to clear. Shouldn't be too long going by past examples, maybe by the fall.

*1911_man*

imported post

yeah isnt it something like 90 days after the governor signs it or something?

jonny45378

imported post

I may be a little late to this topic, but I'm also a proud 19y/o open-carrier. It's nice to see other young open carriers in Arizona. It would be nice to get some of the young OCers to meet up IMO.

*1911_man*

imported post

I was thinking the same thing.

I can see it now, "In other news, a group of young gang bangers openly displaying automatic illegal firearms were seen at the Red Lobster late Saturday evening....."

Actually i dont even like seafood, but still everyone looks at younger OC'ers as punks with guns. Sorry to say, punks dont carry firearms in a holster openly for the world to see, well im sure there are a select few, as there are in every group, but still.

jonny45378

imported post

I'm sad to say that you have a point with that. I would find it funny though if they thought they were fully automatic. Well...I guess my xd 9 looks like a glock lol.

*1911_man*

imported post

And my Glock looks like a... Well it looks like a Glock.:celebrate'

But the media just looks at guns as bad immediately.
They see an Ak-47 and calls it an "automatic weapon" without knowing anything, and so people who are not very gun savvy believe them.

GWbiker

imported post

>meso.40< wrote:
And my Glock looks like a... Well it looks like a Glock.:celebrate'

But the media just looks at guns as bad immediately.
They see an Ak-47 and calls it an "automatic weapon" without knowing anything, and so people who are not very gun savvy believe them.

With the influx of new posters on the Arizona subforum and as a public service, just so there's no confusion on what is a GLOCK and what is a Machine Gun or an AK-47, here now is the Journalist/Media Firearms Guide:

lowlander91

imported post

hello all not exactly new here, but I happen to also be a 19 year old open carrier. I carry a Springfield 1911 GI in a black hawk serpa or a dan wesson model 15 .357 mostly the 1911 I love that gun.

GF

imported post

HAHA, that is awesome. I've never seen that before, but the sad part is that it is true.

jonny45378

imported post

Just another question for some of the OCers who know the Arizona law a little better. Have you had any negative encounters with the police? I'd especially like to know from the 18-20 year old OCers. Thanks in advance

lowlander91

imported post

I haven't had any encounter with law enforcement . The only bad encounters I have had was mild at best and with regular people. First was the guy behind the counter at Game Stop. I was getting my Sister's Fiance a copy of modern warfare 2 for Christmas and the guy behind the counter never looked me in the face and just kept staring at the 1911 on my hip. He then asked for my ID for the game and gave me my change and never looked at me in the face. The other time was during a CCW class I was taking through Glendale Community College. I took it because I wanted some formal training even though im too young for a CCW still got a credit hour. Someone asked about open carry he stated 21 for handguns and 18+ for long guns. I corrected him stating I carry and am only 19. To that he responded it was illegal according to federal law. I knew it was BS, but he was pretty adamant about it so i didn't continue to argue. Oh and my instructer was aparently in charge of MCSO shooting ranges and was high up in LE. He was a pretty cool guy overall.

jonny45378

imported post

I find people who jump to that conclusion pretty idiotic. They should at least read up on the laws a little more to see its only 21 to BUY a handgun, not to own one.

*1911_man*

imported post

ive never really had a bad experience either, except the the occasional shake of the head, just about everyone stares though, its kinda awkward.

Speaking of gamestop i went to the one thats by gilbert road or wherever it is, and the 2 guys there acted like i was going to rob the place. It must just be something with video game nerds and REAL guns. :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate