• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry today

Kathy England

imported post

I went out this afternoon to do some shopping. This was my first OC outing.

My first stop was at Sheplers on Sahara. I was there browsing for about a half hour before making a purchase. I spoke to two employees...neither even mentioned my pistol. I made a purchase and left.

My next stop was Victoria's Secret in Meadows Mall. I had several looks but no one said anything to me as I walked through the mall. When I entered Victoria's Secret I was greeted by a male employee (manager or security, maybe?). He pointed me in the direction of the items that I was looking for. As I started in that direction, he said, "That's the prettiest holster I've ever seen."

I thanked him and told him that I made it myself. I had contact with another two or three employees without incident.

I was in Walmart on N Rainbow briefly...no problems there. The cashier did look slightly concerned for a moment but didn't say anything and politely rang-up my purchase.

BTW, my open carry holster is purple with butterflies, so not what people are used to seeing. :D

Kathy England

imported post

irish wrote:
I think you're the first lady OC'er I've seen on the Nevada forum, welcome!
Really? Cool...this was my first experience, but certainly not the last. I work nights so I've missed most of the events. Hopefully I'll meet y'all eventually.

Nevada carrier

imported post

Kathy England wrote:
My next stop was Victoria's Secret in Meadows Mall.

Does this garter belt go well with my holster? Perhaps if more women would OC Victoria's secret would carry holsters that compliment their lines of lingerie. Nothing on this Earth is more sexy than a well armed woman!

Kathy England

imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
Nothing on this Earth is more sexy than a well armed woman!

True, unless one is not into dating women. For those of us that date men, there is just something about a man that can put his arm around me, feel a weapon, and not feel threatened. :)

doninvegas

imported post

A women with a loaded weapon and PMS could be devastating....:lol:
Sounds like you had a few good experiences....Keep up the OC, maybe take the bus and try that out....it is a rush some times...

28kfps

imported post

Way to go. A 90-pound female or any female for that fact with a firearm automatically becomes more intimidating than the largest crook. I will have to show my wife your holster picture she is really into butterflies and very crafty too. My wife made me a holster for my 44 mag red hawk and scope I use for hunting. No butterflies though. I was wondering if the holster would have had the same affect if I a 240 pound 6 foot tall 50 plus half-bald man wore it. NOT!

Kathy England

imported post

28kfps wrote:
Way to go. A 90-pound female or any female for that fact with a firearm automatically becomes more intimidating than the largest crook. I will have to show my wife your holster picture she is really into butterflies and very crafty too. My wife made me a holster for my 44 mag red hawk and scope I use for hunting. No butterflies though. I was wondering if the holster would have had the same affect if I a 240 pound 6 foot tall 50 plus half-bald man wore it. NOT!
I'll be happy to make one with butterflies on it for you. :D You can test the theory then.

28kfps

imported post

Even after 33 years of marriage, I believe my wife might get a little suspicious if I was to get a purple holster with butterflies in the mail. Thanks for the offer. I know may be you can rent it out.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
imported post

28kfps wrote:
That might help San Francisco get OC . . .