• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did Mike Cox or any other candidate OC when they spoke?

office888

imported post

American Sheepdog wrote:

Nope.

But it's already clear that Mike Cox supports ALL 2nd Amendment rights.

Combined with the fact that Mike is/was a US Marine, has been practicing law since 1989, and has been the attorney general since 2003...I think it's a recipe for success. He's got the experience in office, he's got the know how on how to get things done on capital hill, and most importantly, he's got my vote.

-Richard-

American Sheepdog

imported post

Mike Cox is a great American! We are all brothers under a conservative cause. The battle however is on the field of ideals, actions, and words. I signed the Articles of Freedom issued by the 2009 Continental congress. I swear by these articles. Does any of my fellow patriots running for office believe in the Articles of Freedom enough to sign it? I don't know! For our sake I sure hope so.

I do not despise my brother Mr. Cox. If he has your vote he is blessed. But in this election cycle, a career politician has an uphill battle for sure. It should also be noted that Dr. Ron Paul just won the 2010 CPAC Straw Poll with 31% of the vote...more than any other candidate in CPAC history. Seems a new wind is blowing and apathetic minds are awakening.

I wish Mike the best. God bless him and his family.
Long live the Republic!
Thomas Matos

DanM

imported post

American Sheepdog wrote:

Tom/Thomas (how do you prefer to be addressed?),

No. No other MI gubernatorial candidate that I'm aware of other than you OC'd while conducting an official speech. I commend you for that. Good luck in the race!

However the race turns out, I hope you can remain involved in MI politics at the level you are maintaining. We always need folks like you, a friend to gun rights,veryactively engaged in the process!

coderdude

imported post

I like Mike Cox too and I think his experience and track record are good.

HOWEVER, Kudos to you for Open Carrying during that speech. That IS a great thing and definitely shows the State of Michigan your stance on the 2nd Amendment. I will continue to listen.