• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harris Teeter Posts No Guns Sign

RaleighCarry

imported post

This afternoon I noticed a "No guns concealed or otherwise" sign posted at the Harris Teeter Grocery Store on Oberlin Road in Raleigh. I and three friends have OC'ed at this store for years.
Has anyone else seen no oc'ing in other Harris Teeter stores?

Jonesy

imported post

I live very close to and do 90% of my shopping at a local Harris Teeter here in Alexandria, VA. I often open carry there and have never had a problem. Some of the staff even talk guns with me. I really hope they don't have some type of ban. they would kiss my business goodbye.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

JTHunter wrote:
If there is another choice, tell BOTH the store manager and corporate HQ that you no longer feel safe in their stores and you , your family, your friends, etc. will be taking their business where you are allowed to OC in their facilities. Add that you will glad to return to their stores when ever they decide to stop denying your Constitutional rights and circumventing local law.

It's been discussed repeatedly, but some folks never seem to catch on. First, a private business is functionally incapable of violating your constitutional right to keep and bear arms - only a government agency/entity can do that. Second, at my last check of NC and Raleigh, NC law there was nothing stating that a private property owner must allow firearms onto their private property. actually, I found indication that private property owners may in fact post their property as GFZs and have the local constabulary enforce said posting.

Yes, inform them that you disagree with the policy that deprives you of the effecient and effective means of self defense and that for that reason you will no longer patronize their stores. Yes, inform them that if they later realize that allowing responsible, law-abiding gun owners to patronize their store while armed does not cause any loss of income or increase their actual liability expenses, that you will return to their store for your shopping needs.

But please, for the sake of my blood pressure if nothing else, keep your civics straight.

<stepping down and putting soap box away>

stay safe,

skidmark

groats

imported post

You've got a computer & printer, right?

Simply print up a 'contract' and take it to the manager.
Tell him or her that you like to shop there and would like to continue doing so, but since they are taking full responsibility for your safety while shopping you MUST have their signature guaranteeing that they will pay for any injury or death that may result as a result of their preventing you from protecting yourself.

It might help if you insist on a cash bond being posted to secure this guarantee.

Won't sign? Ask them if it's ok if you make their disregard for their shoppers' safety PUBLIC. Mutter something about how the local TV news might be interested....

The WORSE they can do is ask you to leave. Which was what you were going to do anyway.