Thread: VCDL Meeting 4/21/2010

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

NOVA you are letting me down usually you are on the ball about posting the meeting threads.

So I will be at the meeting and then the new double secret probation location for dinner later.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    NOVA you are letting me down usually you are on the ball about posting the meeting threads.
    Thanks for the reminder longwatch!

Yeah I've been behind on these things. Been busy with a lot of work that got piled up the past couple weeks.

I'll be at the pre-meeting meeting location around 6pm again.

the new double secret probation location for dinner later
    You'll have to clue me in on this one if I'm invited!

Post imported post

So this month it's on a Wednesday and not a Thursday.

Wonder where we'll go to eat?

Post imported post

4/21/2010
    VCDL Monthly membership meeting

Mason District Governmental Center
    6507 Columbia Pike
    Annandale, VA 22003

7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering
    8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting
    9:30 - ?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant
    Not Fuddruckers

As with all VCDL membership meetings they are open to the public, so
    bring your friends, family and coworkers
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    4/21/2010
    VCDL Monthly membership meeting

Mason District Governmental Center
    6507 Columbia Pike
    Annandale, VA 22003

7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering
    8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting
    9:30 - ?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant
    Not Fuddruckers

As with all VCDL membership meetings they are open to the public, so
    bring your friends, family and coworkers
    I see what you did there

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Thanks for the reminder longwatch!

Yeah I've been behind on these things. Been busy with a lot of work that got piled up the past couple weeks.

I'll be at the pre-meeting meeting location around 6pm again.

the new double secret probation location for dinner later
    You'll have to clue me in on this one if I'm invited!
    Only the members of the Secret Council of Super OCers can attend, you should got the memo.
    :celebrate
    I'm just kidding I have a few places in mind but most likely JBD is gonna be my choice.

Post imported post

Oh good, for some reason I thought this meeting was Thursday, which is a no-go for me, so maybe I can make it.

Post imported post

I can't make this one, and I probably won't be able to make any of the others before summer break

Post imported post

I'm gonna have to miss this one. I've got a really bad cold, and I'm going to be selfish and not share
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

the secret pre meeting spot was closed tonight.. remodeling it looked like.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Correct. I checked the sign posted on the south entrance, they have limited hours. Today they closed at 2pm. This will all be finished well before our next meeting.

Nice seeing everyone tonight. When we were standing in front of the VCDL meeting spot (Mason District Govt Ctr/FCPD station) an unmarked crown vic driving past through the lot stopped when he saw me. I then realized he was one of the officers who responded to our pre-meeting location last month when the media showed up against the manager's wishes. He recognized me and stopped to ask if any media were showing up, and if I had been at the [pre meeting location] earlier. Told him it was closed for remodeling. When I said no media was expected tonight, and that the press last time was from Spain and Belgium, he remarked that if they're going to do a news story over here then they should know the law first (probably referring to being on someone's private property against their wishes, as well as open carry). Good to know another FCPD that knows and enforces the law and knows us gun carriers are good guys.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Since the pre-meeting was closed and everyone was then pre-meeting out front of the police station, I went inside to cath up on some work. Cracked open the laptop in the lobby and some gal in her late 20's came in with her parents(?) and as they came thru the doors was in mid-conversation and I heard something like "...well there must be an undercover cop meeting or something... I still am nervous around that many people with guns.. even when they are cops like THOSE GUYS and even though I grew up with guns... " and then she was out of ear shot.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Isn't Cognative Dissonance interesting?

ETA: The dinner spot really seemed to appreciate our business, and the food was good too. The manager also asked my wife if her pink gripped J frame was real. He was surprised at the answer.

Post imported post

The patrons and employees cleaned me out of my orange infocards and join VCDL cards.
    They sure did seem to appreciate our business, the food was delivered in a timely fashion in spite of the rush and was good to boot.

I was pleasantly surprised.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    The rumor is that they are putting in a pistol range.

:P ...Yeah, I'm just fantasizing.

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Since the pre-meeting was closed and everyone was then pre-meeting out front of the police station, I went inside to cath up on some work. Cracked open the laptop in the lobby and some gal in her late 20's came in with her parents(?) and as they came thru the doors was in mid-conversation and I heard something like "...well there must be an undercover cop meeting or something... I still am nervous around that many people with guns.. even when they are cops like THOSE GUYS and even though I grew up with guns... " and then she was out of ear shot.
    Yes, because the first thing they teach in undercover cop class is you should look like an undercover cop
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

Post imported post

Hokie wrote:
    ed wrote:
    Yes, because the first thing they teach in undercover cop class is you should look like an undercover cop
    I saw a real one yesterday...he looked like your typical "detective" with nice clothes and a trench coat. He got in the drivers seat with two uniformed officers riding as passengers . But you're right...when they want to blend in, they aren't going to open carry, or do anything that would make people look at him any closer than any other guy walking down the street.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Hokie wrote:
    In fairness to the uneducated (or those who receive all their education from prime-time, three-network TV), most don't understand the difference between "plainclothes" and "undercover".
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein