• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC Gun ban..

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

22-250 wrote:
I thought the DC gun ban was overturned? The news says otherwise today..

They went from NO GUNS to california gun rules.

It's now possible to get a permit to own one, just hard to do.

They still don't allow bearing of arms, just keeping.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
22-250 wrote:
I thought the DC gun ban was overturned? The news says otherwise today..

They went from NO GUNS to california gun rules.

It's now possible to get a permit to own one, just hard to do.

They still don't allow bearing of arms, just keeping.

not to mention that after the ban was lifted, they wouldn't allow heller to register a "machine gun" (i think it was a semi-auto .22).

B

Bikenut

imported post

22-250 wrote:
IDIOTS...
Actually the anti gun faction is extremely clever ..... and underhanded, unscrupulous, morally bereft, self centered with a deep seated need for control, and power hungry.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

22-250 wrote:
Right, so I guess Chicago will do the same. I hope the right people get mugged.
Actually, Mayor Daley and the aldermen can all carry guns thanks to a little-known Illinois law that deems them "law-enforcement officers" with all LEO carry privileges--and most of those crooks exercise it. Link.

B

Bikenut

imported post

WVCDL wrote:
22-250 wrote:
Actually, Mayor Daley and the aldermen can all carry guns thanks to a little-known Illinois law that deems them "law-enforcement officers" with all LEO carry privileges--and most of those crooks exercise it. Link.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Chairman Mao Tse Tung

And every power hungry wannabe, or actual, tyrant understands this principle extremely well... which is why anti gunners, in society at large (wannabe tyrants) and some government officials (actual tyrants) want to ban guns from the hands of the common citizen... the gun represents the power to rule... and the power to overturn the rulers.

The saying, and I don't know who said it first, "Gun control isn't about guns.. it is all about control." is exactly spot on. For he who controls the guns controls everything.... and everyone.

Rabid anti gunners do not froth at the mouth shouting at a person carrying a gun because they are afraid of the gun itself... they are intensely angry that, because of the gun, they know and understand that they have no control over the person carrying it.

And, to a leftist anti gunner, nothing is more of an insult to the very core of their being than to be shown to be............. powerless over others.

Anti gunners aren't concerned about safety... they are concerned about being in control and having the power to force others to do as they are told. And... every government, country wide or local, that forced the citizenry to do what they are told first confiscated and/or outlawed the citizen's guns.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
WVCDL wrote:
22-250 wrote:
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Chairman Mao Tse Tung

And every power hungry wannabe, or actual, tyrant understands this principle extremely well... which is why anti gunners, in society at large (wannabe tyrants) and some government officials (actual tyrants) want to ban guns from the hands of the common citizen... the gun represents the power to rule... and the power to overturn the rulers.

The saying, and I don't know who said it first, "Gun control isn't about guns.. it is all about control." is exactly spot on. For he who controls the guns controls everything.... and everyone.

Rabid anti gunners do not froth at the mouth shouting at a person carrying a gun because they are afraid of the gun itself... they are intensely angry that, because of the gun, they know and understand that they have no control over the person carrying it.

And, to a leftist anti gunner, nothing is more of an insult to the very core of their being than to be shown to be............. powerless over others.

Anti gunners aren't concerned about safety... they are concerned about being in control and having the power to force others to do as they are told. And... every government, country wide or local, that forced the citizenry to do what they are told first confiscated and/or outlawed the citizen's guns.
Bikenut, are you going to ever run for office? You have a very good message and speak it well!springerdave.

B

Bikenut

imported post

springerdave wrote:
Bikenut, are you going to ever run for office? You have a very good message and speak it well!springerdave.
I would not survive in a political climate... I tend to tell pompous arseholes that they are pompous arseholes right to their face... and then I'd throw them out of my office. Hence I would not hold a political office for very long because I refuse to suck up to pompous arseholes.

B

Bikenut

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I wouldn't vote for you! I like you too much to put you in a political buffet to be chewed upon! :what:
Thank you my friend!:D