Thread: Congressman on guns

Post imported post

All, The other day, while rushing around getting ready for work, I heard a news reporter say something to the effect...that a US congressman was telling people not to rely on the police for protection that they should be prepared to protect themselves.

Do any of you know who this congressman is? I have been searching google but cannot find the article.

Thanks! Jim

Banned

Post imported post

There was a sheriff in Ohio who recently said something to that effect. His department had suffered such severe budget cuts that he couldn't sent out as many patrols, and some criminals had to go on a waiting list to be incarcerated in his jail. He told his constituents that they needed to arm themselves for protection.

Post imported post

I think it was in Obama's own IL. He was black and told his constituents
    they don't have the same protections and police response as the better
    parts of town and must rely on themselves for protection. About 2 years ago I think.
    All the white politicians were outraged in that anti state, and he blew them all off
    and said people in his district have a right to be safe, they can all go to hell.

Don't know if the TN Judge was elected or not that said get a gun and protect
    yourself. think it was a DV case there.

Then the BIGGIE!!!!
    Senator BHO, "We need a civilian force better armed than the military"

Banned

Post imported post

http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/90353814.html

Here is the story about the Ohio sheriff. It was last week, so I am sure that's the story you heard.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar

Post imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
    Then the BIGGIE!!!!
    Wow. Please cite if you can, because I don't think I can really believe he ever said that. :shock:

ETA: The closest I could find was:

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.
    -Barack Obama

which doesn't have quite the same meaning.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Post imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
    SlackwareRobert wrote:
    Then the BIGGIE!!!!
    Wow. Please cite if you can, because I don't think I can really believe he ever said that. :shock:

ETA: The closest I could find was:

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.
    -Barack Obama

which doesn't have quite the same meaning.
    I think he was insinuating that powerful+strong+well-funded=armed. Not exactly the same thing but still scary. Brings visions of the SA in 1930's Germany.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar

Post imported post

Yeah, for a second there I thought Robert was saying Obama was pro-gun, and it got my hopes up.

The more I ponder the quote, the more it seems to endorse a secret police running around enforcing 'national security' than a constitutional 'well regulated militia'. Not extending the Patriot Act is one campaign promise I wish he'd kept.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Post imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
    Yeah, for a second there I thought Robert was saying Obama was pro-gun, and it got my hopes up.

The more I ponder the quote, the more it seems to endorse a secret police running around enforcing 'national security' than a constitutional 'well regulated militia'. Not extending the Patriot Act is one campaign promise I wish he'd kept.
    Amen to that brother. People are crying about the power grab included in this health care mess and have no idea the rights they have lost as part of the Patriot Act. Oh the ignorance of the masses....

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

The report may have been of what the Texas sherriff said after the rancher was apparently killed by drug smugglers.springerdave.