• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congressman on guns

cowboy67

imported post

All, The other day, while rushing around getting ready for work, I heard a news reporter say something to the effect...that a US congressman was telling people not to rely on the police for protection that they should be prepared to protect themselves.

Do any of you know who this congressman is? I have been searching google but cannot find the article.

Thanks! Jim

eye95

imported post

There was a sheriff in Ohio who recently said something to that effect. His department had suffered such severe budget cuts that he couldn't sent out as many patrols, and some criminals had to go on a waiting list to be incarcerated in his jail. He told his constituents that they needed to arm themselves for protection.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I think it was in Obama's own IL. He was black and told his constituents
they don't have the same protections and police response as the better
parts of town and must rely on themselves for protection. About 2 years ago I think.
All the white politicians were outraged in that anti state, and he blew them all off
and said people in his district have a right to be safe, they can all go to hell.

Don't know if the TN Judge was elected or not that said get a gun and protect
yourself. think it was a DV case there.

Then the BIGGIE!!!!
Senator BHO, "We need a civilian force better armed than the military":banghead::banghead: :cuss:

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Then the BIGGIE!!!!
Senator BHO, "We need a civilian force better armed than the military":banghead::banghead: :cuss:
Wow. Please cite if you can, because I don't think I can really believe he ever said that. :shock:

ETA: The closest I could find was:

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.
-Barack Obama

which doesn't have quite the same meaning.

Monkeytown

imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
Then the BIGGIE!!!!
Wow. Please cite if you can, because I don't think I can really believe he ever said that. :shock:

ETA: The closest I could find was:

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.
-Barack Obama

which doesn't have quite the same meaning.
I think he was insinuating that powerful+strong+well-funded=armed. Not exactly the same thing but still scary. Brings visions of the SA in 1930's Germany.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

Yeah, for a second there I thought Robert was saying Obama was pro-gun, and it got my hopes up.

The more I ponder the quote, the more it seems to endorse a secret police running around enforcing 'national security' than a constitutional 'well regulated militia'. Not extending the Patriot Act is one campaign promise I wish he'd kept. :cry:

Monkeytown

imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
Yeah, for a second there I thought Robert was saying Obama was pro-gun, and it got my hopes up.

The more I ponder the quote, the more it seems to endorse a secret police running around enforcing 'national security' than a constitutional 'well regulated militia'. Not extending the Patriot Act is one campaign promise I wish he'd kept. :cry:
Amen to that brother. People are crying about the power grab included in this health care mess and have no idea the rights they have lost as part of the Patriot Act. Oh the ignorance of the masses....