• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to Henderson with some questions

ChiGuy

imported post

Hi. I am new to the board and will soon be moving from Chicago to Henderson. Needless to say I am very excited to be moving to such a gun friendly state from such an anti-gun city. I have one question though. I have an IWB holster for my 1911. if my shirt is tucked in and only the handle is showing, is that considered concealed or open? Does the whole weapon have to be visible? I do plan on getting my CCW shortly after I move there but am wondering how to carry in the meantime.

Thanks

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm no expert on this, but you'll find some on here who are. Personally, I wouldn't leave it up for interpretation, just my .02 (which aint a lot).

doninvegas

imported post

Concealed Weapons:
NRS 202.350 is the law concerning concealed weapons. Below is the definition of a concealed weapon per this law:

Quote: "Concealed weapon” means a weapon described in this section that is carried upon a person in such a manner as not to be discernible by ordinary observation.

Anyone concealing a firearm without a concealed carry permit recognized by Nevada is guilty of a class C felony. Per NRS 202.3688, NRS 202.3689, and the Department of Public Safety list, Nevada recognizes permits from AK, AR, KA, LA, MI, MO, NE, OH, TN, and WV. However, Nevada residents must have Nevada permits.
Also, according to Attorney General Opinion AG 93-14, a weapon is concealed only if it is hidden on a person (such as under a jacket) or if it is in a container that is being carried by that person. If a gun is in a briefcase and that briefcase is in one’s hand, then that person is carrying a concealed weapon. But if that briefcase is on the floor nearby then that person is not carrying a concealed weapon.
Vehicles: In a vehicle, a weapon may be concealed anywhere within the vehicle, or it can be out in the open within the vehicle. The only place it cannot be when in a vehicle is concealed upon a person, such as under a jacket or in a pocket, unless that person has a concealed carry permit.

So as long as the weapon is not hidden it is openly carried...Just my 2 cents worth....
I carry my 1911 in a IWB myself small of the back, when i carry it...works for me...

hellstorm702

imported post

Hi there, am originally born and raised in Chicago as well but now I live in North Las Vegas, honestly I wouldn't risk it and give the police officer an excuse, might as well have it fully exposed, I carry a 1911 as well and keep it in an outside waist band galco matrix 7 holster. :)

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I recommend carrying as openly as possible. Whatever the letter of the law, some LEOs have shown to be anti-OC, or even anti-gun. Don't give them a reason to cite you that you'll have to fight, even if you're pretty sure you'll win.

ChiGuy

imported post

Thanks alot guys. I appreciate all the feedback and look forward to participating in the forum.