Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Suggestions for laser sight purchase

  1. #1
    Regular Member Plankton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Posts
    414

    Post imported post

    Glock 26 with a left hand Blackhawk Serpa. Suggestions?
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valdosta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    347

    Post imported post

    I recommend Lasermax internal guide rod laser. It is a red, pulsating beam. I believe Crimson Trace and Lasermax make grip lasers. I prefer internal as the gun's grip isn't changed and it works in any holster. I too, use Blackhawk Serpa holsters.

    Lasermax does make a green laser, that can be seen in daylight and it can be adjusted. It is very low profile and rail mounted. BUT you will have to switch from Serpa. I bought a leather holster from Galco that will accept it and even a light. But, I prefer my locking Serpa for OC.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Plankton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Posts
    414

    Post imported post

    open4years wrote:
    I recommend Lasermax internal guide rod laser. It is a red, pulsating beam. I believe Crimson Trace and Lasermax make grip lasers. I prefer internal as the gun's grip isn't changed and it works in any holster. I too, use Blackhawk Serpa holsters.

    Lasermax does make a green laser, that can be seen in daylight and it can be adjusted. It is very low profile and rail mounted. BUT you will have to switch from Serpa. I bought a leather holster from Galco that will accept it and even a light. But, I prefer my locking Serpa for OC.
    Thanks, I've been doing a lot of research online, including Lasermax. I found another interesting concept; a rear sight mounting from Laserlyte. Any info from forum members on that?
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

  4. #4
    Regular Member PaxMentis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Grants Pass, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    53

    Post imported post

    I have a LaserLyte on my G19 and love it.

    Solid or pulse, no problems with the grip or fitting in a holster and I haven't had to adjust it since I first zeroed it.

    The switch is where the right thumb hits it easily (might be a problem for a lefty).

    The only negative I have found is that it is possible to inadvertently turn it on while in the holster and run down the batteries.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Plankton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Posts
    414

    Post imported post

    PaxMentis wrote:
    I have a LaserLyte on my G19 and love it.

    Solid or pulse, no problems with the grip or fitting in a holster and I haven't had to adjust it since I first zeroed it.

    The switch is where the right thumb hits it easily (might be a problem for a lefty).

    The only negative I have found is that it is possible to inadvertently turn it on while in the holster and run down the batteries.
    Thanks! I think from a price standpoint I can get 2 (one for me, one for my wife) for the price of one Lasermax.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13

    Post imported post

    Crimson Trace with Blackhawk paddle, also works great with my CC rig. Price is not bad either 139.00. Same battery has been goingfor 2 years.



  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,250

    Post imported post

    Had a conversation with a friend yesterday... Gotta ask..

    How many lasers is to many lasers? Laser in the rear sight.. Laser in the grip... Laser on the rail. 3 lasers- you barely have to aim- just point and shoot even from the hip.

    Anybody; can you suggest why 3 lasers is better than 1? Do you believe only 1 is ever needed?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Stratford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    646

    Post imported post

    +1 on the Laserlyte, I have the rear-sight one for my M&P because I can't get a rod one and an external one on the front pic rail would foul my serpa holster.

    I like the laserlyte rear sight model, I also like it because it's a flat surface you can use to cock the pistol in single handed operations.

    They aren't that expensive either.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamden, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    17

    Post imported post

    Had a Lasermax on my Glock 21

    Love the idea of the Lasermax but (unless they fixed it) with the way it mounts on the Glock...pressure comes off the switch just long enough for it to turn off/on by itself when you shoot.

  10. #10
    Regular Member PaxMentis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Grants Pass, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    53

    Post imported post

    cscitney87 wrote:
    Had a conversation with a friend yesterday... Gotta ask..

    How many lasers is to many lasers? Laser in the rear sight.. Laser in the grip... Laser on the rail. 3 lasers- you barely have to aim- just point and shoot even from the hip.

    Anybody; can you suggest why 3 lasers is better than 1? Do you believe only 1 is ever needed?
    I have never known anyone to mount more than one per gun...can't imagine why one would unless they are so concerned about failures that they want multiple backups...in which case they may as well add a Lasermax guide rod and have 4.

    Who would take the time to turn on 3?

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543

    Post imported post

    Crimson Trace, proven reliability, at least I have never heard anything bad about them...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •