Thread: OT.....Rifle Ranges In SE MI??

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Alright, come mid may ima need a rifle range to go to, i would prefur they allow rapid fire and hi cap mags...im in Warren so somewhere within 3 counties would be awesome .....anyone got a favorite? if so whats the Price? Hours? Location?
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Banned

Post imported post

the pit in lapeer?

Post imported post

Beerme wrote:
    the pit in lapeer?
    ive heard alot of people say that....but idk the price, exact location, hours......
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

Banned

Post imported post

free
    prlly dawn till dusk
    3128 Roods Lk. Rd. Lapeer.

Post imported post

Beerme wrote:
    free
    prlly dawn till dusk
    Amazing.... bring Your Own Targets?

Total Travel Estimate: 1 hour 14 minutes / 60.17 miles.....daayyuummmm

Post imported post

The pit is the only place in the area that'll allow rapid fire pretty much. I hate to say it, but all of the indoor ranges in the tri-county area that I've been to do not. That is, unless you want to pay a ridiculously expensive membership fee at Hunts with Double, then you can do whatever you want, including shooting between your legs. (Sadly, yes, there was an idiot that has done that there.)
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

malignity wrote:
    The pit is the only place in the area that'll allow rapid fire pretty much. I hate to say it, but all of the indoor ranges in the tri-county area that I've been to do not. That is, unless you want to pay a ridiculously expensive membership fee at Hunts with Double, then you can do whatever you want, including shooting between your legs. (Sadly, yes, there was an idiot that has done that there.)
    LMMFAO....what do you use for targets...or go you just shoot at dirt?

Post imported post

If it's anything like BWSA (where I shoot regularly, up in port huron) then they have wood stuffs that you can staple targets to. BWSA has target holders and plywood and such, but you can get reusable stand up targets, or even make them yourself with PVC or what not.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Well, if you can't find any volunteers you have to settle for what ever is in season; watermelons, pumpkins, cans, paper, or the occasional run a way milk jug. :P

Post imported post

what if i print out a bunch of paper targets?....is there posts to nail em to? or should i invest in the melon business?

Post imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
    what if i print out a bunch of paper targets?....is there posts to nail em to? or should i invest in the melon business?
    It is fairly easy to make your own target stand using a couple of 1"x1" uprights (or whatever size wood boards you have) and the same used for cross pieces to make an open square on top with legs. Then add a couple more pieces on the bottom of the legs for "feet" to keep it standing... and staple a chunk of cardboard into the open square to tack targets onto. I like to make my target stands the same height as me so it can also be used for realistic size self defense practice.

I use bolts with wing nuts to hold the "feet" on so I can remove them for transport. Allows the thing to lay flat in Yooperlady's truck bed.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Banned

Post imported post

Milk Cartons Rule!

Post imported post

You bet...nothing makes a prettier site than a gallon jug of ice exploding in the sunlight!!!:celebrate

Post imported post

do watermelons,i LOVE shooting them with shotguns and centerfires,nice bigpoof

the gunny did it on mail call all the time too.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Banned

Post imported post

Beerme wrote:
    free
    prlly dawn till dusk
    Amazing.... bring Your Own Targets?

Total Travel Estimate: 1 hour 14 minutes / 60.17 miles.....daayyuummmm
    yo man me and someone else from here are gonna head up there sometime shortly.
    Im sure that no one would mind someone else coming if you wanted to

Banned

Post imported post

Be a fun spot for a get together. Not very public, but lotsa fun. We could go into lapeer later, and get some exposure later. Any locals watching this? Could use your input at this point.

Bring targets. The firing line to the bank is about 225 feet. I'll measure it next time I go.

Post imported post

How am i supposed to set up targets without bullets flying in my general direction?....im new to this so im just trying to make sure i dont look like a complete moron

Post imported post

How am i supposed to set up targets without bullets flying in my general direction?....im new to this so im just trying to make sure i dont look like a complete moron
    We all end up looking like a complete moron sooner or later in life.... it is just part of the human condition.

Ranges that require people set up targets by walking downrange will have someone call a "cease fire" during a lull in the shooting and declare to everyone they are "going downrange".

A wise person makes completely sure everyone on the firing line stops firing/loading/messing with their guns.... and then, usually, several folks go downrange at the same time to change targets.

When everyone gets back to the firing line .... shooting resumes.

A polite person waits for a lull in the shooting... a jerk (and you WILL see one or more of them sooner or later) will just holler "going downrange" and then take off walking downrange without waiting to see if people quit shooting. That same jerk will be highly pissed if someone didn't hear them and fires a round before seeing said jerk walking....... and it sometimes is easy to not hear with ear muffs and a large firing line so listen for that "cease fire" call carefully.

Oh yeah, jerks who just take off walking downrange are dangerous arseholes!!!!!
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Noted in "What to do and what not to do at a range" notepad

Banned

Post imported post

^ step 1. do not go down range, until all bullets have stopped going down range.

Bullets have the right of way.