• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT.....Rifle Ranges In SE MI??

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

Alright, come mid may ima need a rifle range to go to, i would prefur they allow rapid fire and hi cap mags...im in Warren so somewhere within 3 counties would be awesome ;).....anyone got a favorite? if so whats the Price? Hours? Location?

malignity

imported post

The pit is the only place in the area that'll allow rapid fire pretty much. I hate to say it, but all of the indoor ranges in the tri-county area that I've been to do not. That is, unless you want to pay a ridiculously expensive membership fee at Hunts with Double, then you can do whatever you want, including shooting between your legs. (Sadly, yes, there was an idiot that has done that there.)

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

malignity wrote:
The pit is the only place in the area that'll allow rapid fire pretty much. I hate to say it, but all of the indoor ranges in the tri-county area that I've been to do not. That is, unless you want to pay a ridiculously expensive membership fee at Hunts with Double, then you can do whatever you want, including shooting between your legs. (Sadly, yes, there was an idiot that has done that there.)
LMMFAO....what do you use for targets...or go you just shoot at dirt?

malignity

imported post

If it's anything like BWSA (where I shoot regularly, up in port huron) then they have wood stuffs that you can staple targets to. BWSA has target holders and plywood and such, but you can get reusable stand up targets, or even make them yourself with PVC or what not. :)

WARCHILD

imported post

Well, if you can't find any volunteers you have to settle for what ever is in season; watermelons, pumpkins, cans, paper, or the occasional run a way milk jug. :p

B

Bikenut

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
what if i print out a bunch of paper targets?....is there posts to nail em to? or should i invest in the melon business?
It is fairly easy to make your own target stand using a couple of 1"x1" uprights (or whatever size wood boards you have) and the same used for cross pieces to make an open square on top with legs. Then add a couple more pieces on the bottom of the legs for "feet" to keep it standing... and staple a chunk of cardboard into the open square to tack targets onto. I like to make my target stands the same height as me so it can also be used for realistic size self defense practice.

I use bolts with wing nuts to hold the "feet" on so I can remove them for transport. Allows the thing to lay flat in Yooperlady's truck bed.

lil_freak_66

imported post

do watermelons,i LOVE shooting them with shotguns and centerfires,nice bigpoof

the gunny did it on mail call all the time too.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

Beerme wrote:
free
prlly dawn till dusk
3128 Roods Lk. Rd. Lapeer.
Amazing.... bring Your Own Targets?

Total Travel Estimate: 1 hour 14 minutes / 60.17 miles.....daayyuummmm
yo man me and someone else from here are gonna head up there sometime shortly.
Im sure that no one would mind someone else coming if you wanted to

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Be a fun spot for a get together. Not very public, but lotsa fun. We could go into lapeer later, and get some exposure later. Any locals watching this? Could use your input at this point.

Bring targets. The firing line to the bank is about 225 feet. I'll measure it next time I go.

B

Bikenut

imported post

How am i supposed to set up targets without bullets flying in my general direction?....im new to this so im just trying to make sure i dont look like a complete moron ;)
We all end up looking like a complete moron sooner or later in life.... it is just part of the human condition.:)

Ranges that require people set up targets by walking downrange will have someone call a "cease fire" during a lull in the shooting and declare to everyone they are "going downrange".

A wise person makes completely sure everyone on the firing line stops firing/loading/messing with their guns.... and then, usually, several folks go downrange at the same time to change targets.

When everyone gets back to the firing line .... shooting resumes.

A polite person waits for a lull in the shooting... a jerk (and you WILL see one or more of them sooner or later) will just holler "going downrange" and then take off walking downrange without waiting to see if people quit shooting. That same jerk will be highly pissed if someone didn't hear them and fires a round before seeing said jerk walking....... and it sometimes is easy to not hear with ear muffs and a large firing line so listen for that "cease fire" call carefully.

Oh yeah, jerks who just take off walking downrange are dangerous arseholes!!!!!