• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Open Carry

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

greg36f wrote:
OMG,,,,,,,,pullnshoot....do you realize that you just said "Agreed" to something I (greg36f) said.....There is hope for us all!!!

Thank you.....
banana.gif
Don't get too excited. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :lol:

ETA: I agree with you too. I think the officer did nothing wrong, although some might consider his attitude as unprofessional. IMO who cares what a cop thinks or says? As long as he's not forcing me to stay there and listen to him, he can talk all day.

pullnshoot25

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
greg36f wrote:
OMG,,,,,,,,pullnshoot....do you realize that you just said "Agreed" to something I (greg36f) said.....There is hope for us all!!!

Thank you.....
banana.gif
Don't get too excited. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :lol:

ETA: I agree with you too. I think the officer did nothing wrong, although some might consider his attitude as unprofessional. IMO who cares what a cop thinks or says? As long as he's not forcing me to stay there and listen to him, he can talk all day.

Geez! Do I really come across as that bad or what? Crikey!

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

demnogis wrote:
...I'm not saying LEOs will lie to arrest. I am saying however that it will keep everyone honest at the right time.
I'll say it then: LEOs lie. Not all of them, and not all the time. But it DOES happen. I had five cops lie to cover up their violation of my civil rights. Did I hit the unlucky lottery or what? 5/5 cops willing to lie just to snoop around inside my car and fondle my new Sig? Not a single honest one among them? (This isn't my first experience with dishonest cops, either.)

Make no mistake, some of them ARE out to get us. I think they are very few and far between, but some LEOs actually will go out of their way to **** with you. Others just make bad decisions and rationalize that their actions are justified because violating honest people's rights helps them catch more bad guys in the long run.

The average person thinks the latter is less evil. I say the path to hell is paved with good intentions. I have equal disdain for both types of "bad cop."

Deathwing_Kingstar

imported post

CA_Libertariani have to agree with you on this about leo's. i have had 3 seperate occasion where they would lie just to try and find some dirt on you. all of them traffic stops and they say that they had reports that my vehicle was suspected of being involved in a crime. each time i was stop they did what they did and let me go after finding nothing.

GlockFanatic943

imported post

Deathwing_Kingstar wrote:
CA_Libertariani have to agree with you on this about leo's. i have had 3 seperate occasion where they would lie just to try and find some dirt on you. all of them traffic stops and they say that they had reports that my vehicle was suspected of being involved in a crime. each time i was stop they did what they did and let me go after finding nothing.

I dont know why this turned in to a cop bashing thread, but i do agree that the word is getting out there from what i have seen and now cops are not worrying so much i guess you could say (in some areas).