• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bench Warrant?

Beerme

Banned
imported post

If someone(not myself) got a bench warrant in another state for their arrest, what would one want to avoid as to not getting arrested and sent down south?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Beerme wrote:
If someone(not myself) got a bench warrant in another state for their arrest, what would one want to avoid as to not getting arrested and sent down south?
Avoid?

How about clearing up that bench warrant by paying your tickets.

Otherwise, avoid all contact with the legal system. Avoid all situations where contact with the legal system is likely. Don't drive a vehicle registered to your name.

G

imported post

Some more info is needed.

First, what is the offense?

Second, is the warrant extraditable offense?

G

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Beerme wrote:
Avoid?

How about clearing up that bench warrant by paying your tickets.

Otherwise, avoid all contact with the legal system. Avoid all situations where contact with the legal system is likely. Don't drive a vehicle registered to your name.
There are plenty of warrants out there for offenses that are not extraditable.

During a traffic stop, if it isn't extraditable, the officer usually won't even mention it to the offender. In these situations, if the offender isn't in the jurisdiction of the offense, nothing happens.

G

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Maybe we should all tell Lil' Freak to pay his speeding tickets on time next time? :cool:
What???

Lil_freak???

The lead gangsta poster child for MOC???

I don't believe it.

office888

imported post

Beerme wrote:

Easy.

Pay your damn tickets, and show up in court like the rest of us.

-Richard-

G

imported post

office888 wrote:
Beerme wrote:

Easy.

Pay your damn tickets, and show up in court like the rest of us.

-Richard-
Edit:

I posted about this in the MOC forum.

I don't think that OCDO is the place to discuss things about MOC officials.

Lil_freak should be afforded the opportunity to defend himself in his own back yard.

Edit:
Evidently MOC is not the place to discuss this either.

G

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
moderator = offical?

or is this just sensationalism
I'll let others decide that.

Personally though I see that the lawful conduct of an individual representing an organization, albeit a minor position, is always of paramount importance.

Not that everyone needs vetting, but at least those seeking a role would be forthright in providing information that could draw scrutiny upon the organization.

Furthermore, now that zig has brought this into the public light, can he expect unbiased moderation? Or can he expect his opinions to be supplanted?

G

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
This is not Oc related or MOC related so no it wouldn't be allowed to be posted there and shouldn't be posted here.
Are you stating that all posts there have to be OC related?

Why then is there a General Discussion Forum which states that any topic may be discussed?

Is this official position of MOC that is being promulgated here by the Vice-President of MOC?

Or is this simply a strong arm tactic of the Vice-President of MOC to intimidate posters at OCDO?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:
moderator = offical?

Personally though I see that the lawful conduct of an individual representing an organization, albeit a minor position, is always of paramount importance.

Not that everyone needs vetting, but at least those seeking a role would be forthright in providing information that could draw scrutiny upon the organization.

Furthermore, now that zig has brought this into the public light, can he expect unbiased moderation? Or can he expect his opinions to be supplanted?

It's not my fault he posted it in public, for all to see.

The internet is not a private place.

G

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:
moderator = offical?

He did? Link?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:
moderator = offical?

He did? Link?

http://www.facebook.com/whiteyloveshiscountry?v=wall&story_fbid=110635595640411&ref=mf

cabman1

imported post

Facebook is not MOC or ocdo yes there is a general discussion on moc it is not for asking if someone is a fugitive or bashing them.Reply to his facebook page to ask such Questions please!

To answer the question no I am not trying to strong arm anyone.All I am just asking is that we all act like grown men.

This will be my last post on this matter because it is not worth anymore of my time.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.

viperar15

imported post

1.) As a moderator on the MOC Forums, this person is not necessarily an MOC Official/Board Member/Leader. They are a person to help keep an eye on the forums. I cannot do it myself, 24x7. 5 guys (myself, 3 mods, and an it deputy) helps split up some of those duties. :)

2.) General Discussion is for anything in regards to Open Carry (my bad for not spelling that out better, I'll make sure to fix that).

3.) Off-Topic (which is available to MOC Members Only) is for ANYTHING you wish to discuss.

G

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
Facebook is not MOC or ocdo yes there is a general discussion on moc but.Not for asking if someone is a fugitive or bashing them.Reply to his facebook page to ask such Questions please!

To answer the question no I am not trying to strong arm anyone.All I am just asking is that we all act like grown men.

This will be my last post on this matter because it is not worth anymore of my time.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.
Oh I see. Come in, push your weight around and then run away.

You didn't ask anything. You made a rather specific statement.

Questions have this little symbol "?" at the end of the sentence.

Why did you waste your precious time in the first place?