• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bench Warrant?

G

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
1.) As a moderator on the MOC Forums, this person is not necessarily an MOC Official/Board Member/Leader. They are a person to help keep an eye on the forums. I cannot do it myself, 24x7. 5 guys (myself, 3 mods, and an it deputy) helps split up some of those duties. :)

2.) General Discussion is for anything in regards to Open Carry (my bad for not spelling that out better, I'll make sure to fix that).

3.) Off-Topic (which is available to MOC Members Only) is for ANYTHING you wish to discuss.
They do represent, to a certain degree, the organization though. And as I stated here previously, since a member publicized what the moderator himself posted on a public forum, will that member be moderated in a different light or by a different standard as a result of having referenced that moderator's dubious behavior?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
viperar15 wrote:
1.)  As a moderator on the MOC Forums, this person is not necessarily an MOC Official/Board Member/Leader. They are a person to help keep an eye on the forums. I cannot do it myself, 24x7. 5 guys (myself, 3 mods, and an it deputy) helps split up some of those duties. :)

2.) General Discussion is for anything in regards to Open Carry (my bad for not spelling that out better, I'll make sure to fix that).

3.) Off-Topic (which is available to MOC Members Only) is for ANYTHING you wish to discuss.
They do represent, to a certain degree, the organization though. And as I stated here previously, since a member publicized what the moderator himself posted on a public forum, will that member be moderated in a different light or by a different standard as a result of having referenced that moderator's dubious behavior?

so, uh, WTF are you talking about? This is confusing.

G

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
viperar15 wrote:
1.) As a moderator on the MOC Forums, this person is not necessarily an MOC Official/Board Member/Leader. They are a person to help keep an eye on the forums. I cannot do it myself, 24x7. 5 guys (myself, 3 mods, and an it deputy) helps split up some of those duties. :)

You named him here and linked him.

Will he now exercise his moderation power on you differently as a result?

G

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
With all do respect the hard on that some have for this kid is....unnerving.
How's that?

I tried to defend him, because of all that he has going on in his personal life, on the MOC forum and got reprimanded by the President of MOC for it.

viperar15

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
viperar15 wrote:

yup, and that i fully agree to.

and to answer your question, hell no. I wont allow someone to be moderated differently based on a "call-out".

zig will be moderated just like i would expect to be moderated as such any other person should be expected to be moderated. this is the way i treat all members, whether they like me or not or if i like them or not.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
viperar15 wrote:
1.)  As a moderator on the MOC Forums, this person is not necessarily an MOC Official/Board Member/Leader. They are a person to help keep an eye on the forums. I cannot do it myself, 24x7. 5 guys (myself, 3 mods, and an it deputy) helps split up some of those duties. :)

Ah, that's quite a bit clearer. Thanks.

Maybe he will. But I'd have to post on MOC forums for that to matter, and I really don't.

The MOC forums as implemented do not serve as a benefit to me.

FatboyCykes

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
viperar15 wrote:

Ah, that's quite a bit clearer. Thanks.

Maybe he will. But I'd have to post on MOC forums for that to matter, and I really don't.

The MOC forums as implemented do not serve as a benefit to me.
I've noticed, I'm saddened :( You're always a worth contributor to any site, be it here MGO or hypothetically MOC.

fozzy71

imported post

trainwreck.jpg