Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor control, please?

Post imported post

During the national (unarmed) 2A rally at the Washington Monument today a fellow attendee nodded toward a few extra uniformed officers and said "I just spoke to a buddy of mine who said there was an incident at the armed rally in Virginia. That's why they sent extra cops here."

I've never heard of any trouble at any pro-gun event or any OC gathering.

Anyone know the real story here?

Post imported post

haha, the only "incident" i saw was the fact that the people at the Richmond rally had the audacity to bring flag poles with their flags.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!? we all could have been killed! :what:

It went very smoothly. no issues

Post imported post

Thanks for the info... I didn't think there was or would be any issues there.

Post imported post

Just got back. It went as smooth as silk. We had a reasonable number of cops on the grounds, a few snipers on the roof of a nearby building while Marine One flew overtop of us to the White House and that's about it. No troubles. Many people even open holstered and nothing was ever said about that. Very boring rally if drama was what you were seeking.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    Very boring rally if drama was what you were seeking.
    Good!
    I wasn't worried about the DC Rally. That was in good hands. The Admiral worries the hell out of me though.
    Hopefully he'll go the hell back to Georgia now.

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    Just got back. It went as smooth as silk. We had a reasonable number of cops on the grounds, a few snipers on the roof of a nearby building while Marine One flew overtop of us to the White House and that's about it. No troubles. Many people even open holstered and nothing was ever said about that. Very boring rally if drama was what you were seeking.
    Wasn't seeking anything other than using my First Amendment rights in support of my 2A rights. Also enjoyed meeting other folks from around the country.

Glad things went smoothly - I was just shocked to hear about some sort of problem, but that's what happens when the "friend of a friend"effect kicks in.

Post imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
    richarcm wrote:
    Wasn't seeking anything other than using my First Amendment rights in support of my 2A rights. Also enjoyed meeting other folks from around the country.

Glad things went smoothly - I was just shocked to hear about some sort of problem, but that's what happens when the "friend of a friend"effect kicks in.

I dont know of any problems. But I'm always looking over my shoulders waiting for the gubment to plant something on us in order to make an example of us.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/YJ6lrb3cNMY&hl=en_US&fs=1[/flash]

Police perform "safety check" on Civil War Re-enactors prop firearm(s)
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    SNIP Police perform "safety check" on Civil War Re-enactors prop firearm(s)
    Mighty funny-looking Civil War hats. :P
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I am struck by the beautiful demonstration of the absurdity of gun control exhibited in that video.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ha.. tired.. Revolutionary War hats :-P
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

No foul... your average high school student wouldn't have known the difference.

Post imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
    Thanks for the info... I didn't think there was or would be any issues there.
    Well, considering there was a (rather FAILED) attempt at outsiders causing problems at the last couple of rallies like this, it's a valid question, I would think.

I did get to see a video of some dumbass being body-slammed on a stage recently.

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...ralized-video/
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
    During the national (unarmed) 2A rally at the Washington Monument today a fellow attendee nodded toward a few extra uniformed officers and said "I just spoke to a buddy of mine who said there was an incident at the armed rally in Virginia. That's why they sent extra cops here."
    Are you speaking of the Richmond rally or the one at Gravelly Point held on the same day?

If you're talking about the Gravelly Point "incident" I can elaborate.

On Sunday a group went on a leaders "recon" to scout Fort Hunt and Gravelly Point parks to meet with the park police sergeant (a very professional and respectful woman) and make sure that we had all of the material and equipment needed for our event.

One of the lead group was carrying his rifle at the time and someone called the real police (not the park police). They rolled up six or seven deep. The park sergeant set them straight and sent them on their way.

It was really nothing more than a MWaG call. Not too big a surprise, all things considered.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

I uderstand your feelings Wylde, but as I've always said, just because we all own guns, doesn't mean we all see things the same way. I posted a while back about the Park changes causingf a split among gun owners. Mike nearly swooned. How could gun owners not like the change.

Well Mike and many others see things through a very narrow depth of field, and so do I, just pointed in a different direction. So do you and even though we all have a related goal, how we see getting there, is different.

Take Deer hunting for an example. The idea is to kill the Deer.

Some still hunt which consists of moving very slowly all day. Works sometimes.

Some drive. Rarely works but doesn't take much skill either.

Some stand hunt which is usually the most effective but takes a lot of preperation and patience.

Some hunt with dogs which only makes a lot of noise and pisses everyone else off.

Some just hang around the checking station in their new camo and talk.

We each decide how to fight the common fight.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    ed wrote:
    SNIP Police perform "safety check" on Civil War Re-enactors prop firearm(s)
    Mighty funny-looking Civil War hats. :P
    I am surprised the hand over the barrel, as well as it looks like face above the barrel didn't get any comments. Those may not be real, but I'm just sayin.

Post imported post

Wylde:

Just to clarify, I was at the unarmed DC rally near the Monument on Monday. There seemed to be an uptick in uniformed officers at our rally, and a fellow attendee nodded toward themand said,

>"I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine (he might have said "brother" - it was >kinda loud there). Something bad happened at the armed gathering across the >river and as a result they're beefing up the police presence here."

I was shockedat the idea thatthe excellent track record of open carry gatherings was broken on that particular day. That's why I wrote my post the way I did, because what the fellow said reeked of typical second or third-hand BS.

There WAS a two-man rooftop overwatch for about an hour or so - they seemed to focus mainly on the DC rally, but they were looking in other directions, too and went back inside after Marine One and a decoy or two took off.

Post imported post

Nothing bad happened at the Gravelly Point event. I can account to that without reservation.

No "excellent track record" was broken anywhere within eye- or earshot of my location.

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

wylde007 wrote:
    Nothing bad happened at the Gravelly Point event. I can account to that without reservation.

No "excellent track record" was broken anywhere within eye- or earshot of my location.
    The big question is, what was accomplished?

Is Congress afraid now?

Will they mind their P &Q's because they're afraid of a hundred and fifty people with AK's coming after them?

Is the Georgia Chef going to lead the rebellion?

OR

Is this going to get thrown back in our face and the National Parks become gun free again and the Assault weapon ban gets put back in place?

Sorry Wylde. IMO all it did was let a hundred and fifty fellows take a lot of the shine from 2000 that were telling Congress they Vote.

Post imported post

wylde007 wrote:

I'm extremely glad to hear that. I thank you sincerely for your first-hand report.

Post imported post

We also vote. We lawfully carried firearms.

You vote. You chose to be disarmed by the District's unlawful gun restrictions.

They are all criminals in my book. I did what I felt was right.

I don't think they're listening either way, to tell you the truth. These are just the motions we go through before the rest of the new intolerable acts are passed and we find ourselves standing on the 14th Street bridge waiting for someone to fire the next "shot heard 'round the world".

That's not what I want, but I fear that's where we're headed.

Far too many other people think that can never happen. Our government will never be like that.

Read the Declaration of Independence again if you need to and draw your own comparative analysis of federal intervention, taxation and legislation against the people. Our founders would have already marched. We sit by and hold "rallies" and "marches".

Where are our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honour? To date they have done little to change the tide of the tyranny in government which began with Lincoln and continues, unabated, to this day.

Post imported post

I was at both places. The only "incident" was at Gravelly Point, when a small group of counter-demonstrators showed up with signs, some of which were ambiguous, others were just silly: "they are terrorists, not patriots" "your guns cannnot stop my votes" etc. They initially got a lot of media attention (we were almost out-numberred by the media at both places!), but the first speaker, especially, and others, to a more limited degree, welcomed them, saying that we were fighting for their rights, as well as for ours.

Beautiful day; great event. Only problem was being at the end of the runway, and when the park helicopter came near by to take our pictures.

Post imported post

nemo wrote:
    I was at both places. The only "incident" was at Gravelly Point, when a small group of counter-demonstrators showed up with signs, some of which were ambiguous, others were just silly: "they are terrorists, not patriots" "your guns cannot stop my votes" etc.
    I call that a "non" incident. There were no firearms-related incidents.

I hope you enjoyed the event overall. I was particularly interested in Codrea and Fernandez's presentations.

Post imported post

Heck; I knew THAT. That is why I put the word in quotes.

When I heard about some unspecified "incident", I thought of the only thing that I HAD noticed. It never occurred to me that the concern was over an alleged firearm incident. My bad.
    I hope you enjoyed the event overall. I was particularly interested in Codrea and Fernandez's presentations.
    You bet that I did; I also enjoyed Dave, and enjoyed meeting Mike. Dan, the organizer, said that he has no plans to repeat this event, but I hope that someone will pick up the ball for this event, as well as for the DC event, and run with it to make it/them annual events.

Post imported post

wylde007 wrote:
    nemo wrote:
    I was at both places. The only "incident" was at Gravelly Point, when a small group of counter-demonstrators showed up with signs, some of which were ambiguous, others were just silly: "they are terrorists, not patriots" "your guns cannot stop my votes" etc.

What did Codrea say?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast