Thread: Short LEO interaction outside Bed Bath Beyond

Post imported post

My wife and I spent 45 minutes shopping the Roseville Bed Bath & Beyond on Gratiot Sunday. A few friendly employees asked if I needed any help but never commented on my holstered sidearm. After spending $75 my wife and I left the store only to walk into two patrol cars, one talking to the manager of BB&B. The officers were very nice, I produced ID voltuntarily and gave them my phone number.We exchanged pleasantries and Officer Price jotted my info down in a note pad. It was all of 90 seconds and I was on my way after exchanging hand shakes. After emailing corporate, I spoke with Kelly Messman, director of customer service for BB&B today. She stated her company's policy is to follow state law in regards to firearms and I was welcome back into the store anytime. She gave me her direct phone number to call if I were to ever have a problem in the future. She was very apologetic and stated the store managers would be recieving a memo on OC/CC to avoid future issues. She had said the manager only called the PD for guidance on if I was breaking any laws. I will be contacting the Roseville PD chief for further discussion on his officers reponse. It is my contetion the officers should have never come, but to their credit, they were very nice.

Post imported post

Not bad at all!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

scot623 wrote:
    My wife and I spent 45 minutes shopping the Roseville Bed Bath & Beyond on Gratiot Sunday. A few friendly employees asked if I needed any help but never commented on my holstered sidearm. After spending $75 my wife and I left the store only to walk into two patrol cars, one talking to the manager of BB&B. The officers were very nice, I produced ID voltuntarily and gave them my phone number.We exchanged pleasantries and Officer Price jotted my info down in a note pad. It was all of 90 seconds and I was on my way after exchanging hand shakes. After emailing corporate, I spoke with Kelly Messman, director of customer service for BB&B today. She stated her company's policy is to follow state law in regards to firearms and I was welcome back into the store anytime. She gave me her direct phone number to call if I were to ever have a problem in the future. She was very apologetic and stated the store managers would be recieving a memo on OC/CC to avoid future issues. She had said the manager only called the PD for guidance on if I was breaking any laws. I will be contacting the Roseville PD chief for further discussion on his officers reponse. It is my contetion the officers should have never come, but to their credit, they were very nice.
    This part at least is a win for residents of Michigan:celebrate.springerdave.

Post imported post

Sorry you had to go to Bed Bath and Beyond. What did you do to deserve that punishment??? :P
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
    Sorry you had to go to Bed Bath and Beyond. What did you do to deserve that punishment??? :P
    It is part of the fine print in the marriage license. See when we are young we sign things before reading the fine print.

Ever notice how married men are more likely to read the fine print of contracts? Been burned once, don't want it to happen again.

Post imported post

The police should have put you in jail for spending 45 minutes in that store. LOL

Post imported post

cowboy67 wrote:
    The police should have put you in jail for spending 45 minutes in that store. LOL
    That's funny, I don't care who you are!springerdave.

Banned

Post imported post

I was in BBaB at Great Lakes twice yesterday. No issues.

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    I was in BBaB at Great Lakes twice yesterday.
    on purpose?????? :what:
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Banned

Post imported post

not really lol

a freind of mine is going back to Israel tomorrow, and she needed help with her shopping bags. Little did I realise I would be running around the mall for 3 1/2 hours though, I should have known that shopping with a woman would put me in perfume stores, victorias secret, BBaB, shoe stores, burlington, etc etc etc....

At least there was a lot of OC exposure though..

Post imported post

BB&B or the County Hilton? Somehow a new set of silver bracelets and a free trip to the County Hilton, court costs and legal fees seems like the better option. :P
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

Mountain Dew now Bed Bath & Beyond.. I am seeing a pattern here, someone call Stanley..

Post imported post

whats wrong with victoria's secret?

theres lots of beautiful people in there....and some not so beautiful.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    whats wrong with victoria's secret?

theres lots of beautiful people in there....and some not so beautiful.
    Victoria whispered her secret to me... but I'll never tell...

Any man worth the moniker of "man" will admit that for the sake of keeping the.... peace.... they will accompany their woman on shopping trips to places definitely not "manly".
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Ya ever notice how two men will sorta nod at each other in passing when they are in one of these "less than manly" stores with their spouse?

It is like a grumbling, "Yeah, I understand Bro." nod.

Post imported post

rscottie wrote:
    Ya ever notice how two men will sorta nod at each other in passing when they are in one of these "less than manly" stores with their spouse?

It is like a grumbling, "Yeah, I understand Bro." nod.
    LOL +1

and +1 on this post

Keep up the good work guys

Devery

Post imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
    +1

it better have been your anniversary or her B-day, or something good.

Post imported post

I think as a reward for accompanying to BB and B, there should be an equally long trip to your favorite gun and sporting goods store!
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

Post imported post

carracer wrote:
    I think as a reward for accompanying to BB and B, there should be an equally long trip to your favorite gun and sporting goods store!
    Yea, right! And monkeys will fly out of my butt!springerdave.