• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Short LEO interaction outside Bed Bath Beyond

scot623

imported post

My wife and I spent 45 minutes shopping the Roseville Bed Bath & Beyond on Gratiot Sunday. A few friendly employees asked if I needed any help but never commented on my holstered sidearm. After spending $75 my wife and I left the store only to walk into two patrol cars, one talking to the manager of BB&B. The officers were very nice, I produced ID voltuntarily and gave them my phone number.We exchanged pleasantries and Officer Price jotted my info down in a note pad. It was all of 90 seconds and I was on my way after exchanging hand shakes. After emailing corporate, I spoke with Kelly Messman, director of customer service for BB&B today. She stated her company's policy is to follow state law in regards to firearms and I was welcome back into the store anytime. She gave me her direct phone number to call if I were to ever have a problem in the future. She was very apologetic and stated the store managers would be recieving a memo on OC/CC to avoid future issues. She had said the manager only called the PD for guidance on if I was breaking any laws. I will be contacting the Roseville PD chief for further discussion on his officers reponse. It is my contetion the officers should have never come, but to their credit, they were very nice.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

scot623 wrote:
My wife and I spent 45 minutes shopping the Roseville Bed Bath & Beyond on Gratiot Sunday. A few friendly employees asked if I needed any help but never commented on my holstered sidearm. After spending $75 my wife and I left the store only to walk into two patrol cars, one talking to the manager of BB&B. The officers were very nice, I produced ID voltuntarily and gave them my phone number.We exchanged pleasantries and Officer Price jotted my info down in a note pad. It was all of 90 seconds and I was on my way after exchanging hand shakes. After emailing corporate, I spoke with Kelly Messman, director of customer service for BB&B today. She stated her company's policy is to follow state law in regards to firearms and I was welcome back into the store anytime. She gave me her direct phone number to call if I were to ever have a problem in the future. She was very apologetic and stated the store managers would be recieving a memo on OC/CC to avoid future issues. She had said the manager only called the PD for guidance on if I was breaking any laws. I will be contacting the Roseville PD chief for further discussion on his officers reponse. It is my contetion the officers should have never come, but to their credit, they were very nice.
This part at least is a win for residents of Michigan:celebrate:cool:.springerdave.

coderdude

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
Sorry you had to go to Bed Bath and Beyond. What did you do to deserve that punishment??? :p
It is part of the fine print in the marriage license. See when we are young we sign things before reading the fine print.

Ever notice how married men are more likely to read the fine print of contracts? Been burned once, don't want it to happen again.:lol:

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

not really lol

a freind of mine is going back to Israel tomorrow, and she needed help with her shopping bags. Little did I realise I would be running around the mall for 3 1/2 hours though, I should have known that shopping with a woman would put me in perfume stores, victorias secret, BBaB, shoe stores, burlington, etc etc etc....

At least there was a lot of OC exposure though..

Yooper

imported post

BB&B or the County Hilton? Somehow a new set of silver bracelets and a free trip to the County Hilton, court costs and legal fees seems like the better option. :p

B

Bikenut

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
whats wrong with victoria's secret?

theres lots of beautiful people in there....and some not so beautiful.
Victoria whispered her secret to me... but I'll never tell... ;)

Any man worth the moniker of "man" will admit that for the sake of keeping the.... peace.... they will accompany their woman on shopping trips to places definitely not "manly".

rscottie

imported post

Ya ever notice how two men will sorta nod at each other in passing when they are in one of these "less than manly" stores with their spouse?

It is like a grumbling, "Yeah, I understand Bro." nod.

manicdevery

imported post

rscottie wrote:
Ya ever notice how two men will sorta nod at each other in passing when they are in one of these "less than manly" stores with their spouse?

It is like a grumbling, "Yeah, I understand Bro." nod.
LOL +1

and +1 on this post

Keep up the good work guys

Devery

Slidell Jim

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
Sorry you had to go to Bed Bath and Beyond. What did you do to deserve that punishment??? :p
+1

it better have been your anniversary or her B-day, or something good.

carracer

imported post

I think as a reward for accompanying to BB and B, there should be an equally long trip to your favorite gun and sporting goods store!