Thread: OPEN CARRY IN CHICAGO

Regular Member 2ndammendmentbrotha's Avatar

Post imported post

Hello Illinoisans. I am a well armed everydayHoosier living right next to Chicago in Hammond. Where legal I always carry my SW40VE open or concealed. However lately I have had to venture into Chicago frequently. Whenever I have to make a trip into Chicago I open carry an empty holster. I ride the "L" and walk. I have had people do double takes and a few ask about my holster and I use this as an opportunity to educate therights abused subjects ofChicago. I would suggest that more of us do this to get the word outand be seen. It does not always take an organized event so get out there and help me educate!

Post imported post

I'm glad I don't live in Illinois and I can actually have a gun in my holster!

Post imported post

Any carry or possessionof an actual handgun is illegal in Chicago. You misread. I said that I open carry an EMPTY holster on my trips to Chicago.

Post imported post

I think an OC rally in Daley plaza would be nice. They can ignore 7,000 people in Springfield, at IGOLD, but they won't ignore us in Chicago. The thing would be to get a LARGE number of people there. 1,000-2,000 should do it.

Post imported post

It would have to be an OH rally (Open Holster). Fitting acronym too.

People who didn't get it before will go "Ohhhhh" when they see it There were some people at the Chicago tea party, including myself, who wore empty holsters. I didn't ask them to either, they just did it on their own. People are reading our email newsletters and the word is spreading!

Post imported post

Yeah, I meant OH NOT OC. OC in Chicago would be very bad. :what:

Post imported post

Why do you thing OC would be very bad in Chicago or any place else?

Post imported post

OC is illegal in Chicago, as in the rest of IL. I said that we should have an OC rally. I meant an OH rally to gain support.

Post imported post

You carry there and you go directly to jail and there is no if's and's or butt's. do it and you will find out the hard way.
    Capricorn

Post imported post

TyGuy wrote:
    I think an OC rally in Daley plaza would be nice. They can ignore 7,000 people in Springfield, at IGOLD, but they won't ignore us in Chicago. The thing would be to get a LARGE number of people there. 1,000-2,000 should do it.
    The Chicago "fish wrappers" ignored 7000 people in Springfield, I'm sure they'd ignore 1000 people demonstating for gun rights in Chicago. Why are Chicago gun owners so wimpy when it comes to a gun rights rally? I was there for the Second Amendment Freedom Rally, very poor participation from Chicago gun owners. A lot of the male gun owners "need to get a pair", there aren't enough that are 1/4 the man Ottis McDonald is, quit hiding.

Post imported post

When was that rally in Chicago? I am kinda new to the game here. I would have gone had I known about it.