• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry Class

qball54208

imported post

I (Brian) choose to do this to Educate myself, help keep my ass out of a possible jam and improve my skills to OC responsibly and in accordance with State Law.

I have spoken with others here and now we have an awesome opportunity, I am going! So, if you want to attend, let me know, PM me.
Thanks,
Brian

From Brad:

Telephone: (414) 543-5151
Electronic Mail: brad.krause@wi.rr.com

To All,

If you have any friends who are interested, I have space open in a one day Wisconsin Carry / Permit to Carry class scheduled Saturday April 24th at the new Gander Mountain in Waukesha, 9 AM to 4 PM. Range qualification follows immediately.

The class covers unconcealed carry in Wisconsin and out of state carry, giving students the ability to apply for the most common permits of Minnesota and/or Florida (plus many others). Minnesota has a five year permit that is easy to get and covers a good handful of states, Florida is a bit more expensive and has more requirements, but can be done by mail, is good for 7 years, and covers about 34 states. Applications for both are available in class.

To register, they can call me at (414) 543-5151. I now accept cash, check, and credit.

The class fee for new students is $150, and $85 for current permit holders.

I also have a new referral program: Refer a friend or family member and they get 10% off tuition. In addition, if you refer 10 students you get a $100 gift card. Just forward this e-mail and have them mention your name when they register--it's that easy!

Thanks much,
Brad

Brad Krause
AACFI Certified Basic Handgun Instructor AACFI Certified Wisconsin Unconcealed Carry Instructor MN Department of Public Safety Certified Permit To Carry Instructor National Rifle Association Certified Firearms Instructor UT Bureau of Criminal Identification Certified Firearms Instructor Wisconsin Civil Rights Advocate
---
Telephone: (414) 543-5151
Electronic Mail: brad.krause@wi.rr.com
---
Brad Krause: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Brad+Krause%22+tree
Latest Public Civil Rights Issue, item #8: http://tinyurl.com/BKGF20100119

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Yah.... Gosh... a class on how to OC. Hmmmm...

150 bucks you say? I'll pass.

I did some reading and talking to folks here, strapped on my gun and hit the door. It didn't cost me a dime.

Take that same $150 and donate it to WI Carry Inc., and do some real good!

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Buy more ammo. Or buy music, sweet sweet music to my ears...

This is the way I always dreamed it would be
The way that it is, o-oh,when you are holding me
I never had a love of my own
Maybe that's why when we're all alone
I can hear music
I can hear music

Sounds of the city baby seem to disappear
Oh well I can hear music
Sweet sweet music
Whenever you touch me baby
Whenever you're near

Loving you it keeps me satisfied
And I can't explain,oh no,the way I'm feeling inside
You look at me we kiss and then
I close my eyes and here it comes again
I can hear music
I can hear music

Sounds of the city baby seem to disappear
Oh well I can hear music
Sweet sweet music
Whenever you're near
I can hear music
Sweet sweet music

Whenever you're near
I can hear music
Sweet sweet music
Whenever you're near

Writer : SPECTOR, PHIL/BARRY, JEFF/GREENWICH, ELLIE
Copyright : Lyrics © EMI Music Publishing

qball54208

imported post

Spartacus, Thank you for your enthusiasm, you're a person I've come to respect, your posts are usually spot on! The reason I am deciding to take Brad's class simply, he has first hand experience in an area that he has decided to expound on and into.
I have had several conversations with him, he is passionate about this "Movement"
Not that many of US are not, he has put together a lot of pertinent information directly concerning OC, "How to" information that will be helpful to me.
More specifically, a way that is more probable to keep my ass outa hot water. I personally believe that anything I can do to improve my Skills and Knowledge is beneficial to me and quite possibly others.
I have had LEO & MP training, however being on the Civilian side is MUCH different and Laws are applied to & us differently.
Most importantly, I TRUST him, let's face it, he's been thru the ringer and his knowledge and expertise will help me and countless others. Not to say that others here are not, WE all are, We all contribute and collaborate, let's face it, we all believe pretty much in the same Rights! We are United despite the fact that we at times differ on opinions, one common goal in the end.
I welcome comments.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

First, I don't think anybody here is trying to diminish Brad or any other instructor.

Second, I think anybody who wants training should seek it out. I am not against training, just against STATE MANDATED training.

Third, I, like many others here offer the knowledge we have gained from experience FREE OF CHARGE. If you feel Mr. Krause's class is worth the $150 that is fine, pay for it.

Fourth, I took a Utah CCW class so I could carry in MN where I work now. I took a defensive pistol class so I could learn more about my firearm, my stance, my grip, etc. I thought both of these classes were worth the money, but neither is/was REQUIRED to carry in WI.

Having stated the above:

There are five prohibited places we cannot carry, Cars, Bars, Government Buildings, State Parks, School Zones. Each of these is cover very well here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/27414.html

1. Get out of vehicle.
2. Remove the case from the vehicle.
3. Remove firearm from case.
4. Load and Holster.
5. Put case back in vehicle.

That's it for how to get out of the car.

1. Remove Case From vehicle.
2. Un-holster firearm and unload.
3. Place firearm in case, and completely close the case.
4. Place case in vehicle.
5. Get in vehicle.

That's it for how to get in the car.

After that, leave if asked and don't talk to police, don't handle the firearm unless it is to unload and encase, and don't talk to police.

Now I haven't been through Brad's class, but from the perspective of carrying, what else does one need to know?

If he covers the legal ramifications to actually USING a firearm in a defensive issue, that is a good thing as well. If you are involved in a defensive situation with a firearm, expect to be arrested. Don't talk to police, ask for your attorney, and don't talk to police.

If he covers details of going to actual court hearings and what it is like to be in court, I agree that information would be useful, but it is not required to exercise your right to carry.

Again, not bashing anybody just trying to get a handle on what is taught in the class. Now if he covers the MN, UT, carry information and provides the additional Wisconsin information that if freely available here, then that might be worth something.

Feel free to chime in if I missed anything.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I think this is a CC class, I was looking into it a while back and the description and price all look like it. It can be usefull if you travel. I was planning on waiting until Wisconsin gets a CCW and then go.

jrm

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I think this is a CC class, I was looking into it a while back and the description and price all look like it. It can be usefull if you travel. I was planning on waiting until Wisconsin gets a CCW and then go.
Just so you know, you can get a FL CCW with a WI hunter's safety certificate (i.e., Hunter Safety satisfies FL's training requirement).

Cobra469

imported post

jrm wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:
Just so you know, you can get a FL CCW with a WI hunter's safety certificate (i.e., Hunter Safety satisfies FL's training requirement).
Sweet. I have spent countless hours searching for instructors to get my FL CC permit. Didn't realize it was so simple. No wonder I most of the instructors specifically mention MN or UT.

OCmyXD

imported post

For those who have received their FL CC permits, where did you go to have the fingerprint card done? Local PD, sheriff, state patrol?

Received my application packet in the mail and hope to get it out by the end of the week!

comp45acp

imported post

I have had mine done at the Jefferson County Sheriff Dept. twice now. No charge. Note that if you served in the military your DD-214 also will serve as proof of training for the FL permit.

Tree_Planter

imported post

Fingerprint Cards
When using a fingerprint card, Florida DOA requires applicants use the Florida fingerprint card, which is the standard fingerprint card they pre-printed a bit of Florida information on.

The DOA also requires a law enforcement agency does the fingerprinting.

Is the class concealed carry only
?
Saturday the 24th is the Wisconsin class I developed to cover unconcealed carry in the state of Wisconsin, and includes the information necessary so participants can apply for out-of-state permits. I have not had time to update the Wisconsin Firearms Training website, but more information is at: https://www.aacfi.com/courses/courseregister.php?courseid=4711

Why do some instructors mention only Minnesota and Utah?
The Minnesota permit covers a lot of states and is easy to get. Utah has more hoops to go through, but covers more states. I mention Florida because a lot of people vacation in Florida, so a Florida permit makes sense. It is good for seven years, and it might even cover more states than Utah given recent changes, but I have not had time to verify that.

What is really unique?
I try to provide excellent value for your time. In addition to carrying a sidearm in Wisconsin and other states, we cover the nuances of avoiding conflict from a legal standpoint, a framework for handling an attack, and how to minimize and manage potential loss before you become a victim. My thought is instead of paying an attorney to fix what happened after the fact, it is better to avoid problems up front.

I also cover the reality of being a victim. As an example, some people accused me of "setting up the cops" or being "belligerent and disorderly" toward officers, when in reality I was enjoying the sunshine and planting trees, quietly minding my own business. Other victims have other circumstances, and avoiding those not only saves your reputation, but makes it a lot easier on your family.

I do what I do because it is a passion. America is a unique country, and Wisconsin a unique state. My freedom shouldn't be taken away because someone "feels offended" I quietly lead my life my way instead of theirs.

Brad Krause
Instructor, Wisconsin Civil Rights Advocate, and someone who still plants trees armed
Notice: Not legal or other advice

jeff9980

imported post

Since finger prints was brought up I've got a quick question maybe somebody would know the answer to. I took a class last fall in the state of Minnesota for the MN permit as well as Utah permit. For the Utah permit I need to mail in a finger print card. I've contacted multiple law enforcement agencies around Green Bay and they will all do the prints, but none will supply the (blue) card I need. Anybody else applied for Utah and where did you get the card? Thanks :)

Tree_Planter

imported post

Didn't your instructor provide one?

You can get fingerprint cards from the Utah BCI. This link isn't pulling up for me at the moment, so give it a few minutes and try going to the BCI website listed in your student packet.

CUOfficer

imported post

So does Minnesotta have a separate card that you need to obtain before being finger printed? Where can this be obtained? If not, can you use the one provided by a county sheriff?

jeff9980

imported post

I have everything but a finger print card. They were not supplied at the class. At the time I didn't think anything of it. Minnesota does not require a finger print card. However, you do have to apply for your MN permit in person. Utah can all be done through the mail. I'll go check out the Utah BCI website...thanks!

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Brad_Krause wrote:

Christ in a go-kart you make it sound like a major infraction. Bill and Deb Schmidt even take your fingerprints and photos for you but you can get the cards at any cop shop.

As stated, MN does not require fingerprints, just apply in person provide your proof of schooling, a copy of your DL, fill out the application and in 30 days you have your answer.

Tree_Planter

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
Brad_Krause wrote:
Christ in a go-kart you make it sound like a major infraction. Bill and Deb Schmidt even take your fingerprints and photos for you but you can get the cards at any cop shop.
Major infraction? You're not one of those over-sensitive types, are you? :lol:

The good news on Minnesota is processing time was 1-1/2 weeks to your doorstep when I heard last.