Thread: Shooting at Tennessee Hospital

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

A body lies at the patient-discharge exit of Parkwest Medical Center after the shooting this afternoon in Knoxville, Tenn.

More detail at:
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/6966038.html

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/6966038.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...2jXHQD9F6D2GO1

Yata hey
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.ö Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...2jXHQD9F6FM700

Yeah, so much for GFZ at hospitals.

Post imported post

In Tennessee, there is no such thing as Gun Free Zones for Hospitals, less Private Property Rights.

There is no more a Criminal Law in Tennessee that makes it a Crime to Carry a Firearm in a Hospital than there is a Law in Tennessee that makes it a Crime to Carry aFirearm into a Church.

Tennessee's Gun Laws are a little wierd though..., I will give you that.Often times aState will either focus on whether or not a Firearm may Carried Openly or Concealed,or will otherwise re-aline its efforts on where a Firearmcan/can not be Carried instead.

Tennessee is indifferent because Tennesse Statutes incorporate a blended mix of both approaches to various degrees, depending the Firearm, and as it is Unloaded or not. Less, of course, if you ahave a Tennessee Handgun Permit or not.

Post imported post

aadvark wrote:
    In Tennessee, there is no such thing as Gun Free Zones for Hospitals, less Private Property Rights.

There is no more a Criminal Law in Tennessee that makes it a Crime to Carry a Firearm in a Hospital than there is a Law in Tennessee that makes it a Crime to Carry a┬*Firearm into a Church.

Tennessee's Gun Laws are a little wierd though..., I will give you that.┬*┬*Often times a┬*State will either focus on whether or not a Firearm may Carried Openly or Concealed,┬*or will otherwise re-aline its efforts on where a Firearm┬*can/can not be Carried instead.

Tennessee is indifferent because Tennesse Statutes incorporate a blended mix of both approaches to various degrees, depending the Firearm, and as it is Unloaded or not.┬* Less, of course, if you a┬*have a Tennessee Handgun Permit or not.┬*
    Park West has evidently been posted since I was there last summer, but not with a proper, legal sign. But I am sure that employees are not allowed to carry weapons according to their contracts and therefore have no way to defend themselves.

Matthew

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

macville wrote:
    aadvark wrote:

There is no more a Criminal Law in Tennessee that makes it a Crime to Carry a Firearm in a Hospital than there is a Law in Tennessee that makes it a Crime to Carry aFirearm into a Church.

Tennessee's Gun Laws are a little wierd though..., I will give you that.Often times aState will either focus on whether or not a Firearm may Carried Openly or Concealed,or will otherwise re-aline its efforts on where a Firearmcan/can not be Carried instead.

Tennessee is indifferent because Tennesse Statutes incorporate a blended mix of both approaches to various degrees, depending the Firearm, and as it is Unloaded or not. Less, of course, if you ahave a Tennessee Handgun Permit or not.
    Park West has evidently been posted since I was there last summer, but not with a proper, legal sign. But I am sure that employees are not allowed to carry weapons according to their contracts and therefore have no way to defend themselves.

Matthew
    By whatever means, it was/is a victim rich environment.

Yata hey
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.ö Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.