• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kimber Rust

ProtectedByGlock

imported post

A would have to agree on the Glock suggestion, I have owned numurous models and generations. My edc is a G30 3rd gen that ive had for like almost 4 years. cant tell you how many rds downrange, quit keeping track at about 30,000...Not a single rust spot on the barrel anywhere. There is jacket fouling in the riflling that is a reddish color but i compared mine to my friends and mine was better looking than his that has about 2000 rds downrange. Im working the jacket fouling everytime I clean. One a month even if it is not shot, and after every range trip. Gonna try the new foaming stuff that gets in all the creavases in the riflling and leave in in overnight the brush it alot, The stuff is good expands to completly fill the barrel like12bucks for a can...... sorry a little off topic here not trying to jack your thread..............Peace everyone, be safe, be smart and always be aware..G30

Bless the pessimist, he brings extra ammo.

.45acp

imported post

petrophase wrote:
Just talked to Kimber CS... The person I talked to was friendly and helpful. They offered to pay to have to barrel shipped out to them where they would examine it and polish it up. So far the FP-10 has kept the rust down better than the previous oils - only a few pinpricks on the underside of the barrel.

When you get an answer from Kimber, please post. I am very interested in what was causing the rust. I use FP10 and breakfree on all of my firearms and daily carry 1911 (Colt) and have never seen a problems like you discribe.

Good luck with Kimber, they will stand by thier product.

Steve

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have not sent in the bbl as the FP-10 has been working. I don't know how I feel about such product-specific care, but the gun's good enough that I'll just follow the damn directions :idea:.

.45acp

imported post

petrophase wrote:
I have not sent in the bbl as the FP-10 has been working. I don't know how I feel about such product-specific care, but the gun's good enough that I'll just follow the damn directions :idea:.

Hi PetroPhase,

You mention FP-10 and product specific care; Does Kimber recomend FP-10 or did you just start using it and has resolved the problem?

Thanks,

Steve