• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Educated Another One Tonight

junkie

imported post

I went in to Fleet Farm this afternoon open carrying and went back to the sporting goods section to get some stuff. When I was back there the lady behind the counter saw me and did a double take. She looked all shocked and asked if I had had a permit to carry "that thing?" I said that I did not need a permit, so she asked if I was an LEO. I replied that I was not and she said that I must not be from Wisconsin then. I then had a lengthy conversation regarding Wisconsin laws and the difference between open carry and concealed carry. I handed her a flyer and went on my way. It really feels good to talk to people and let them know about open carrying otherwise they just go about life blind of their rights.

Tree_Planter

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

junkie:

Thank you very much for your efforts, you are representing Wisconsin Carry and all Wisconsin gun owners well.

Keep up the good work.

Carry On!

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Good going Junkie! Thats how we do it... one person at a time.

The same thing happened to me at my local Taco Bell where the girl behind the counter said she was nervous at first but by the time we left the restaurant I had her on our side with pamphlets in her hand.