• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Meetup

ZackL

imported post

I'm trying to set one up as a barbecue at a park or something. I'm not sure if you'd be interested or not, but it's listed under May 1st barbecue. I'm going to start a new thread on the subject, as it seems more people will be able to attend on the second and I can't change the title.

LaissezFaire

imported post

At the Waffle House breakfast meeting, I suggested we organize a cleanup crew to open carry while picking up trash at a highly visible public location. A bustling city park would be perfect, especially with all the budget cuts in the park services.

We should inform the police and local press in advance. We should invite the press to cover the event.

They do this in New Hampshire with a great success. It raises public awareness and helps to desensitize people who are unsure about guns.

The leftest have been successful because they are always protesting in your face. We could do the same, but with our own twist. We will be polite and actually help the community.

mahkagari

imported post

Which Waffle House? I thought they had a national anti-gun policy?

LaissezFaire

imported post

Correction.... The breakfast was at the I-Hop (512 N Chelton Rd, Col Spgs) on Saturday, April 3.

From reading the other posts in the Colorado forum, it is clear that is a desire increase the visibility of open carry. Some have suggested we hold a rally. Still others have suggested we organize a protest against Denver's ban on open carry.

I have suggested that we perform a highly visible public service by cleaning up trash at a public park.

Whatever we decide, we should notify the local police ahead of time and we should invite the press to cover the event.

I am open to all of these public displays of open carry. My desire is to desensitize the general public to the point that open carry no longer alarms people. Toward that end, I would also like to see more families with children at these events.