• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May SECOND Barbecue Meet! Statewide.

ZackL

imported post

Okay, so more people can attend on a Sunday as opposed to a Saturday so I figured, seeing as how I can't change the thread title, that I would start a new post with the correct date.

So far there are seven or eight people that are willing to attend. I'd like to set it up for later in the evening, but I think 5pm may be a little on the cool side. I vote for 3:30 until we decide to disperse.

We have soda, water, cups and chips already covered. I would offer to cook, but I'm a little insecure in my abilities so I'd rather leave that to someone else lol.

We still need a location, special food requests, and anything else someone could think of. I'm in Calhan so I don't know really anywhere to meet up. Anything I forgot?

Half Live

imported post

I'm down for this date too. Location doesn't matter to me just not in denver. :)

Like I said in the other thread I can bring some chips.

Pace

imported post

I have a small place in Broomfield, but we back up to a greenway, and I have a small deck.

Half Live

imported post

I was thinking of doing this in a park or the likes. But if we can't find a place, a backyard might be great too.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, the dead center of Colorado is 600' East of route 15, about four miles north of Hwy 24.

There's not much there, though...

Ideas:

1. Denver (ok, in the Denver area, but outside the Denver gun-free i.e. free target zone, aka both Denver city and Denver county).

Pros:

- More people in Denver than Colorado Springs.

- Better media coverage.

Cons:

- I suspect there are more open carriers here in Colorado Springs than the Denver area. Might be wrong on that, though.

- Potential for greater backdraft from the authorities.

2. Colorado Springs.

Pros:

- Known gun-friendly area.

- Good media coverage (might be ignored by Denver, though)

Cons: If there are more OCers in Denver, it would be an inconvenience.

3. Somewhere in-between, like Larkspur Community Park (images available on Google Images)

Pros:

- Almost precisely half way between the city centers of both Denver and Colorado Springs

- Out of the way, if we didn't want a lot of media coverage

- It has a softball diamond! I would recommend people checking their firearms into their vehicles before commencing play, however....

Cons:

- The local sheriff might not be as ameniable as the ones down here in Colorado Springs.

- It's only 200 m long, and about half as wide.

Discussion ensues...

ooghost1oo

imported post

Somewhere in North Colorado Springs to make it more convenient for the Denver folk. The Sheriff here is pro Open Carry.

Who's familiar with Monument / Palmer Park / N Springs enough to find a good park.

And did someone mention they had a cow to bring?

I'll bring beer. Kidding.

Half Live

imported post

North Colorado Springs would probably be best since the Springs is already about a hours drive.

ooghost1oo

imported post

Haha ... start a new thread again?

You guys in North Colo Sprgs, come up with a good park or other place. Any ideas? I'd offer a place, but I live on the south side, and I'm not too familiar with Glen Eagle, etc. We're not too far away (time wise, that is)...

(Don't be shy.)

I'll bring drinks. (Compatible with Open Carrying)

GlockFanatic943

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Half Live wrote:
It is going to take place May 2nd mate.
Time, place & date - start a new thread and make it happen!

Yata hey
That sucks! Why can we do it at the end of the month say after the 22? i want to participate but my semester isn't over until the 22nd and im still stuck out in California until then:banghead:

ZackL

imported post

Cottonwood sounds great to me.

Ghost, if you want to bring drinks that will be fine. I'll bring hot dogs, hamburgers and brats (anyone up to cooking?). That means we've got the meats, drinks and chips covered. We still need buns and, well, people.

GlockFanatic, I'm sure this isn't going to be the only open carry barbecue that we'll be having this summer. I'm all for a meet up like once or twice a month, maybe more informal get togethers (i.e. coffee, range meets, etc.) more often than that.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Fine, but let's please not throw out a date like "the 23rd" when responding to a post dated the 21st.

The Internet doesn't work that way.

How about May 8th, and how about one of the parks mentioned by you, those in the know, North of Woodman?