• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Consider Rand Paul when you vote

mojo0107

imported post

I was pulling for Grayson just due to the Christmas cards I get from him. Then I was like wait he changed parties like I do socks... Rand has my vote!

boomer92266

imported post

mojo0107 wrote:
I was pulling for Grayson just due to the Christmas cards I get from him. Then I was like wait he changed parties like I do socks... Rand has my vote!
i don't really care which party a candidate is for anymore, it seems anymore there are pro gun democrats as well as republicans. i'm a registered republican but vote democratic sometimes, i try to look at all the issues and go with the best man or woman on those no matter what party they belong to. with that being said i too am voting for rand paul, if he does or at least tries to do what he says then he'll be a good senator.

langzaiguy

imported post

@Boomer & Unfettered Couldn't agree more! Unfortunately, KY is a closed primary state. I bit the bullet and registered Republican, though I voted with the Constitution Party last Nov.

There are many Republicans in DC who are no friend of civil liberties!

mojo0107

imported post

I'm a repbublican in a county thats all dems and if you don't reg. dem then you don't get to vote on anyone. The problem is in Muhlenberg County the same people keep making the same choices and 10 people make all the decisons. George Washington never wanted Parties in the first place.

Liberty4Ever

imported post

I was very pleased to see the Rand Paul support in this thread. I've had Rand Paul For Senate tables at gun shows all over our state, starting in March of 2009! Lately, they've been combo tables where I was also promoting the Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act, which Rand also supports, so it was a good fit.

I was just as pleased to see the nonpartisan views expressed in this thread. I love the Republican Party platform, but they almost never follow it. Until recently, we've flipped and flopped between sucky Big Government Democrats and sucky Big Government Republicans. They've been two wings of the same bird. They're the Two Parties That Are One (TM). It's a bit too late to prevent the troubles that are coming, but We the People are finally awakening to the scam they've been running on us and we're voting in GOOD candidates to represent us... like Rand Paul!

VOTE ON TUESDAY MAY 18th!

Liberty4Ever

imported post

My truck is the Randmobile. I have yard signs, 2X4 signs, 4X8 signs, and the stakes and lumber to put them up. Send me a PM with your contact info and I can get you what you want.

I also have about 20 pounds of Rand general purpose fliers and 30 pounds of Rand pro-gun fliers.

KBCraig

imported post

Rand Paul's is the only out-of-state campaign to which I've ever donated. I was in on several of the early money bombs. I don't remember exactly how much I gave, but probably about $400-500 total.

I have a few quibbles with Rand, but nothing we couldn't discuss over the table and walk away after shaking hands, even if neither of us changed our views. (Specifics aren't important, because they don't involve guns.) He's not a carbon copy of his dad, but then I have some quibbles with his dad, too.

I'm really looking forward to the chosen insider getting his butt stomped by this upstart, "not a member of 'the club'!" newcomer.

Liberty4Ever

imported post

I'm hoping that the 15-18 point lead that Rand has in every major poll will open up as the election approaches, and people get off the fence and start paying attention. When people look at both candidates, there really is no choice. You'd have to be a big supporter of the oligarchy of self appointed Big Government dolts who caused all the mess we're in to support Grayson. He's truly the establishment hack, and he represents business as usual in DC. One of his biggest contributors was AIG. Their DC lobbyist hosted a $1000 a plate fundraising dinner for Trey Grayson, where DC lobbyists line up at the trough to buy votes. AIG received an $85 billion bailout of our money directly from the US government, and they gave a lot of our money back to Grayson, to keep the money flowing and buy legislation favorable to them... usually at our expense.

Please think of everyone you can imagine who is eligible to vote in the Republican primary in Kentucky, and call them and urge them to vote for Rand on Tuesday. Let's make this a landslide victory for liberty and We the People, and soundly repudiate big government RINO insiders.

8th ID

imported post

Rand will be our new senator!!!! I KNOW it!! I don't care what party a person is, I will vote on 2A and a few other issues. Rand will get my vote Tomorrow and November.

MANY Dems I know are going to go for Rand. My wife, who is a serious liberal, has had it with Mongardo (spelling?) etc.! MY WIFE :celebratewill be voting for Rand in November!!:what:I didn't influence her either way, she's a wonderful mother and highly intelligent!!

Liberty4Ever

imported post

Yesterday's Public Policy Polling poll pretty much slams the door on recent Grayson campaign claims that Rand would be an easier opponent for Democrats in the fall. The poll revealed the non-intuitive result that people who identify themselves as liberal or moderate trend more toward Grayson, but those registered as Democrats will be significantly more inclined to vote for Rand in November against any Democratic candidate. It's the Blue Dog Democrat vote at work. The poll indicates that Rand is perceived as much more conservative, AND he's more electable in November.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_KY_516.pdf

I'm sure Grayson's campaign manager, Nate Hodson, has another phantom numbers internal poll to dispute this data.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCn08gyfd8

After tomorrow, we won't have Dick Nixon to kick around any more, nor will we have Trey Grayson to kick around any more. Darth Grayson and Emperor McConnell can retreat to the Death Star and go back to plotting our doom. The more they squeeze their grip, the more star systems that slip through their fingers.

I'm still hoping for a 20+ point landslide (Rand-slide?) that spanks Big Government neocons for decades of telling us they're conservative and voting otherwise, and taking our votes for granted, because, what are we gonna do? Vote for the Democrat? This lesser of two evils, lesser of two weasels voting must stop.

Dreamer

imported post

It's looking like Rand Paul is going to win the Republican Senate Primary. Actually, AP is calling it a "landslide" victory over Grayson.

Way to go, KY!

Hopefully more states will send similar messages to Washington in November...