Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legal

Post imported post

Had forgot to leave my legal and valid ccw weapon in car when working on an ambulance. Was arrested after management called police. Police realized I had ccw and released me returning my weapon. Terminated for policy possible policy violation.
    Management is aware of other employees that carry dangerous weapons on duty illegally.
    I am looking for Attorney with knowledge of gun laws and discrimination in workplace environment.

Banned

Post imported post

It your boss says, "Don't carry," then don't carry.

I think you should have gotten a second chance, since it was a mistake. One has to wonder, though. How did you react to the mistake?

Post imported post

Get a lawyer for legal matters.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

The Second Amendment RKABA is not yet a protected civil right. The employer's property rights and 1A association rights trump. You violated your contract.

Post imported post

I reacted properly and left when suspended, tried to explain to management but they any refused conversation. Cops were upset that the company had wasted their time as every cop in town showed up.
    At that time the policy had been vacated and we had not received the new one dealing with dangerous weapons.
    In the meantime a lot of their employees are carrying illegal dangerous weapons with company knowledge and these are covered in CA penal code. What I did was not illegal and I know that had the gun been with me in a response to a correctional facility I would have had free room and board for 5-10.
    I'm not sure what RKABA is or the 1a rights are

Post imported post

pluntner wrote:
    I'm not sure what RKABA is or the 1a rights are
    Shorthand.
    http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Amends
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post imported post

Thanks for the link Brother, I'm not good at shorthand, my fingers are too big...
    Anyone living in the Yuba-Sutter area that would like to get together with some meetings? Let's get the party started. Maybe Diane Fiend-stien will show up.

Post imported post

You should check out the California subforum. You will find much more specific and useful information there. Also, OC meetup events are almost always posted as stickies in the State forums when they are planned.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

McX

Post imported post

yellow backstabbing company bastards! terminated for possible?! is the best they can come up with? Then as an added bonus, let's get every cop in town there, to justify our actions. scumbagius maximus! watch your back, they will still be looking for something to justify their actions, may whisper to someone to get your permit revoked. doesn't happen? yeah, sure, ask kwickrnu! had a similar bit played one me years ago, so i know the feeling.

Banned

Post imported post

The company has rights too, including the right to ban guns. Why should our rights be any more important than theirs? If one does not like an employer's gun policy, one need not work for that employer.

Freedom. Isn't it wonderful?

Post imported post

Was amusing, 8 squad cars then the cops gave me the gun back and asked that I please not load it in front of the managers huddled in the ambulance bay

Post imported post

pluntner wrote:
    Had forgot to leave my legal and valid ccw weapon in car when working on an ambulance. Was arrested after management called police. Police realized I had ccw and released me returning my weapon. Terminated for policy possible policy violation.
    Management is aware of other employees that carry dangerous weapons on duty illegally.
    I am looking for Attorney with knowledge of gun laws and discrimination in workplace environment.
    IMHO, it is incumbent upon YOU to prove that you weren't aware of the company's policy regarding firearms. In your own words you state that YOU forgot. YOU would also have to prove that management was aware of other ALLEDGED violations.

Good luck!

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    The company has rights too, including the right to ban guns.* Why should our rights be any more important than theirs?* If one does not like an employer's gun policy, one need not work for that employer.

Freedom.* Isn't it wonderful?
    They had vacated the policy and had not provided us with the new one. I didn't normally carry because it's a felony to have one in a correctional institution. Had we responded to one I would have to have gotten rid of it prior.

Banned

Post imported post

pluntner wrote:
    eye95 wrote:
    The company has rights too, including the right to ban guns. Why should our rights be any more important than theirs? If one does not like an employer's gun policy, one need not work for that employer.

They had vacated the policy and had not provided us with the new one. I didn't normally carry because it's a felony to have one in a correctional institution. Had we responded to one I would have to have gotten rid of it prior.
    Ah, new story.

OK, carry on. One cannot formulate coherent responses when the story is a moving target, so I shall cease to try.

Post imported post

Story didn't change, a few posts above I mentioned the vacated policy.
    Just trying to find the right attorney to handle it. Most in the bay area are afraid to touch it with a 10 foot bong

Banned

Post imported post

pluntner wrote:
    Story didn't change, a few posts above I mentioned the vacated policy.
    Just trying to find the right attorney to handle it. Most in the bay area are afraid to touch it with a 10 foot bong
    "It" or the client? Don't mention the vacated policy.

Post imported post

Attorneys are worried about the issue. Bay area attorneys are not known for their gun activism

McX

Post imported post

be sure to demand in writing why they fired you. bet it won't be worth the toilet paper it's printed on. mine wasn't. but they covered it on me by coming after me from the 'back door'. funny though, all the trouble they caused me, all the lies they told, all the heat they applied to me, doesn't mean poop years later. i'm still here, and still got my rights, and my guns. and they are still probably cowering behind their desks, as there are still other gun owners still employed there they may have to deal with someday. me? i'll read about it in the paper, and laugh. life goes on, and so will you!

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:

So, you claim that a faceless corporation run by a committee and owned by faceless stock holders have more rights than an individual?

Banned

Post imported post

modelo57 wrote:
    So, you claim that a faceless corporation run by a committee and owned by faceless stock holders have more rights than an individual?
    I see no evidence of corporate involvement in the OP. None the less, legal entities are all born equal.

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    modelo57 wrote:
    None the less, legal entities are all born equal.
    This. They have as much of a right to ban guns on their property or for their employees as we do to carry elsewhere.

eye95 wrote:
    Freedom.* Isn't it wonderful?
    Yes, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Banned

Post imported post

modelo57 wrote:
    eye95 wrote:

No, I did not. That is a strawman. If you want to have a genuine back-and-forth, let's. If all you want to do is make pretend arguments for me--and do so badly--then feel free to argue with yourself.

McX

Post imported post

infringement on rights in any way, in any setting should be a crime.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    infringement on rights in any way, in any setting should be a crime.
    Exactly! No one has the authority to override property rights. Owners of private property and their agents (managers, usually) have a right to decide who and what they let on their property, and businesses have a right not to do business with someone or anyone.

...That is what you were referring to isn't it? If you think gun rights override property rights, keep that in mind the next time some crackhead or burglar wants to bring his gun into your house. :shock:
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Post imported post

My job involved traveling all over Georgia, working alone in isolated location and staying in many motels. One of my co-workers was knocked unconscious while visiting a snack machine at a Holiday Inn, that he was staying at.

I requested permission to carry only when not in the office. It was denied even though I had gotten my permit years earlier. It was okay to have long guns in your personal vehicle, but no hand guns. I had to drive my company car home everyday as I was on call. Yet no firearms were allowed in company vehicle.

I weighed getting killed versus getting fired and I began carrying in my company vehicle. I was pretty certain I wouldn't get fired for the first violation, so that played a part.
    Tv

The only good thing about being disabled and unable to work was that I could carry when I wanted. That lead to OC during our very hot summers.

I hope you will get your job back and maybe a few million for your inconvience!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast