• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal

t33j

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
modelo57 wrote:
So, you claim that a faceless corporation run by a committee and owned by faceless stock holders have more rights than an individual?
None the less, legal entities are all born equal.

This. They have as much of a right to ban guns on their property or for their employees as we do to carry elsewhere.

eye95 wrote:
Freedom.  Isn't it wonderful?
Yes, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

eye95

imported post

modelo57 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
The company has rights too, including the right to ban guns. Why should our rights be any more important than theirs? If one does not like an employer's gun policy, one need not work for that employer.

Freedom. Isn't it wonderful?
So, you claim that a faceless corporation run by a committee and owned by faceless stock holders have more rights than an individual?
No, I did not. That is a strawman. If you want to have a genuine back-and-forth, let's. If all you want to do is make pretend arguments for me--and do so badly--then feel free to argue with yourself.

M

McX

imported post

infringement on rights in any way, in any setting should be a crime.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

McX wrote:
infringement on rights in any way, in any setting should be a crime.
Exactly! No one has the authority to override property rights. Owners of private property and their agents (managers, usually) have a right to decide who and what they let on their property, and businesses have a right not to do business with someone or anyone.

...That is what you were referring to isn't it? If you think gun rights override property rights, keep that in mind the next time some crackhead or burglar wants to bring his gun into your house. :shock:

open4years

imported post

My job involved traveling all over Georgia, working alone in isolated location and staying in many motels. One of my co-workers was knocked unconscious while visiting a snack machine at a Holiday Inn, that he was staying at.

I requested permission to carry only when not in the office. It was denied even though I had gotten my permit years earlier. It was okay to have long guns in your personal vehicle, but no hand guns. I had to drive my company car home everyday as I was on call. Yet no firearms were allowed in company vehicle.

I weighed getting killed versus getting fired and I began carrying in my company vehicle. I was pretty certain I wouldn't get fired for the first violation, so that played a part.
Tv

The only good thing about being disabled and unable to work was that I could carry when I wanted. That lead to OC during our very hot summers.

I hope you will get your job back and maybe a few million for your inconvience!

pluntner

imported post

I worked as a medic in Richmond Ca, home of the all night shootings. The best part is that the company and the police are
not responsible for your safety, you are. I have been shot at and in the direction of but still never carried because sometimes we go into jails.
just happened to forget it in my shaving bag one fine day. Anyone kno an attorney interested let me know. Thanks. Semper Fi

M

McX

imported post

the only talent iv'e seen corporations have is the ability to strike out visciously, and with anonominity against individuals, then hide behind the 'i didn't do it' clause.