• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal

pluntner

imported post

Had forgot to leave my legal and valid ccw weapon in car when working on an ambulance. Was arrested after management called police. Police realized I had ccw and released me returning my weapon. Terminated for policy possible policy violation.
Management is aware of other employees that carry dangerous weapons on duty illegally.
I am looking for Attorney with knowledge of gun laws and discrimination in workplace environment.

eye95

imported post

It your boss says, "Don't carry," then don't carry.

I think you should have gotten a second chance, since it was a mistake. One has to wonder, though. How did you react to the mistake?

pluntner

imported post

I reacted properly and left when suspended, tried to explain to management but they any refused conversation. Cops were upset that the company had wasted their time as every cop in town showed up.
At that time the policy had been vacated and we had not received the new one dealing with dangerous weapons.
In the meantime a lot of their employees are carrying illegal dangerous weapons with company knowledge and these are covered in CA penal code. What I did was not illegal and I know that had the gun been with me in a response to a correctional facility I would have had free room and board for 5-10.
I'm not sure what RKABA is or the 1a rights are

pluntner

imported post

Thanks for the link Brother, I'm not good at shorthand, my fingers are too big...
Anyone living in the Yuba-Sutter area that would like to get together with some meetings? Let's get the party started. Maybe Diane Fiend-stien will show up.

t33j

imported post

You should check out the California subforum. You will find much more specific and useful information there. Also, OC meetup events are almost always posted as stickies in the State forums when they are planned.

M

McX

imported post

yellow backstabbing company bastards! terminated for possible?! is the best they can come up with? Then as an added bonus, let's get every cop in town there, to justify our actions. scumbagius maximus! watch your back, they will still be looking for something to justify their actions, may whisper to someone to get your permit revoked. doesn't happen? yeah, sure, ask kwickrnu! had a similar bit played one me years ago, so i know the feeling.

eye95

imported post

The company has rights too, including the right to ban guns. Why should our rights be any more important than theirs? If one does not like an employer's gun policy, one need not work for that employer.

Freedom. Isn't it wonderful?

pluntner

imported post

Was amusing, 8 squad cars then the cops gave me the gun back and asked that I please not load it in front of the managers huddled in the ambulance bay

RegalNC

imported post

pluntner wrote:
Had forgot to leave my legal and valid ccw weapon in car when working on an ambulance. Was arrested after management called police. Police realized I had ccw and released me returning my weapon. Terminated for policy possible policy violation.
Management is aware of other employees that carry dangerous weapons on duty illegally.
I am looking for Attorney with knowledge of gun laws and discrimination in workplace environment.

IMHO, it is incumbent upon YOU to prove that you weren't aware of the company's policy regarding firearms. In your own words you state that YOU forgot. YOU would also have to prove that management was aware of other ALLEDGED violations.

Good luck!

pluntner

imported post

eye95 wrote:
The company has rights too, including the right to ban guns.  Why should our rights be any more important than theirs?  If one does not like an employer's gun policy, one need not work for that employer.

Freedom.  Isn't it wonderful?
They had vacated the policy and had not provided us with the new one. I didn't normally carry because it's a felony to have one in a correctional institution. Had we responded to one I would have to have gotten rid of it prior.

eye95

imported post

pluntner wrote:
eye95 wrote:
The company has rights too, including the right to ban guns. Why should our rights be any more important than theirs? If one does not like an employer's gun policy, one need not work for that employer.

They had vacated the policy and had not provided us with the new one. I didn't normally carry because it's a felony to have one in a correctional institution. Had we responded to one I would have to have gotten rid of it prior.
Ah, new story.

OK, carry on. One cannot formulate coherent responses when the story is a moving target, so I shall cease to try.

pluntner

imported post

Story didn't change, a few posts above I mentioned the vacated policy.
Just trying to find the right attorney to handle it. Most in the bay area are afraid to touch it with a 10 foot bong

pluntner

imported post

Attorneys are worried about the issue. Bay area attorneys are not known for their gun activism

M

McX

imported post

be sure to demand in writing why they fired you. bet it won't be worth the toilet paper it's printed on. mine wasn't. but they covered it on me by coming after me from the 'back door'. funny though, all the trouble they caused me, all the lies they told, all the heat they applied to me, doesn't mean poop years later. i'm still here, and still got my rights, and my guns. and they are still probably cowering behind their desks, as there are still other gun owners still employed there they may have to deal with someday. me? i'll read about it in the paper, and laugh. life goes on, and so will you!

modelo57

imported post

eye95 wrote:

So, you claim that a faceless corporation run by a committee and owned by faceless stock holders have more rights than an individual?