Thread: Open carry

Post imported post

During recent tea party rally in Marysville Ca a man was exercising his open carry right when the police were called. The man was checked and found in compliance with the law. Local law officials state officer has right to check and everything was fine.
    Official did state that he wasn't sure why it's neccessary to open carry as Yuba and Sutter county has a very large population of CCW holders. Appeal-Democrat news 4/19/2010

Post imported post

Hey, I OC'd here at the tea/tax party in Medford Oregon. Didn't NEED to as we give out CCW's like drivers licenses up here.....but I CHOSE to and I have that right. There were at least 9 cops present, probably a dozen or more including plain clothes detectives and those I didn't see on the fringes. No one approached closer than arms length (cops that is) though they did pass by and eyeball me a couple of times.

Ain't FREEDOM GREAT???

"The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

We-the-People wrote:
    Hey, I OC'd here at the tea/tax party in Medford Oregon. Didn't NEED to as we give out CCW's like drivers licenses up here.....but I CHOSE to and I have that right. There were at least 9 cops present, probably a dozen or more including plain clothes detectives and those I didn't see on the fringes. No one approached closer than arms length (cops that is) though they did pass by and eyeball me a couple of times.

Ain't FREEDOM GREAT???

I'll give you a full report on how great freedom is as soon as it comes to Calif.

A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Gundude, please let me know when this is going to happen.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

We-the-People wrote:
    Ain't FREEDOM GREAT???

Ain't what GREAT? Sorry, don't recognize that word. What is f-f-f-fre-edom? Don't know the correct pronunciation.:what:
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

State Researcher

Post imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
    Gundude, please let me know when this is going to happen.

My sources tell me: 2 weeks.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.