• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry

pluntner

imported post

During recent tea party rally in Marysville Ca a man was exercising his open carry right when the police were called. The man was checked and found in compliance with the law. Local law officials state officer has right to check and everything was fine.
Official did state that he wasn't sure why it's neccessary to open carry as Yuba and Sutter county has a very large population of CCW holders. Appeal-Democrat news 4/19/2010

We-the-People

imported post

Hey, I OC'd here at the tea/tax party in Medford Oregon. Didn't NEED to as we give out CCW's like drivers licenses up here.....but I CHOSE to and I have that right. There were at least 9 cops present, probably a dozen or more including plain clothes detectives and those I didn't see on the fringes. No one approached closer than arms length (cops that is) though they did pass by and eyeball me a couple of times.

Ain't FREEDOM GREAT???

Gundude

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
Hey, I OC'd here at the tea/tax party in Medford Oregon. Didn't NEED to as we give out CCW's like drivers licenses up here.....but I CHOSE to and I have that right. There were at least 9 cops present, probably a dozen or more including plain clothes detectives and those I didn't see on the fringes. No one approached closer than arms length (cops that is) though they did pass by and eyeball me a couple of times.

Ain't FREEDOM GREAT???

I'll give you a full report on how great freedom is as soon as it comes to Calif.

:cuss: