• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Um, is that Bats?

phoneguy

imported post

Yes, On many AP wire photos they just show his hip and his famous Ruger.

amzbrady

imported post

I read down a bit in the article and found this.

(Gun enthusiasts plainly carrying guns into Starbucks is just another example of the bullying and intimidation that is going on right now.)

ahem, scuse me who is bullying and intimadating?

(The practice of packing heat in places like Starbucks is intimidating and could be potentially dangerous to our families and communities – and it must be stopped.

We have teamed up with CREDO Action to send petitions to Starbucks to keep guns out of its stores.)

When the very first person was seen openly carrying in a starbucks, all he was doing was getting coffee and going about his normal day. Then the Brady Complainers saw an oppurtunity to complain.

Oh, crap, my mistake I thought they were wanting to stop us from carrying guns, they just want people to stop packing heat.

http://www.worldwidefred.com/packinheat.htm

Batousaii

imported post

WHAT THE !!....

Jeezus Crist on a pogo stick, what are they thinking .....

?? Any chance to sue em and deplete their money supply ? (wishful thinking i know)

- Stupid brady bunch .. grrrrrrrrr

:banghead:

LoL - and my wife too with her little red pony tail!! - Ya all know how Japanese girls with little red pony tails can bully the common folk .....

TechnoWeenie

imported post

I see NINE places on ONE page that mention 'support', 'donate', and 'contribute'...

And no less than EIGHT (8) links to donate money...

ON ONE PAGE!

I wonder if they want money?

TechnoWeenie

imported post

The photo was taken in public, so there's no expectation of privacy.

However, one could make an argument that they're painting you in a false light.

False light invasion of privacy may apply as a tort (not sure in WA) where embellishment takes place or a picture is distorted or used in such a manner (give false impression, use out of context) to knowingly portray someone in a bad light.

It's similar to defamation, but not the same.

..and forgot to add misappropriation. Using someones likeness for making money without their permission.

The use of a person's name or likeness for commercial purposes without consent is misappropriation. The law protects an individual from being exploited by others for their exclusive benefit. A person's entire name need not be used. If the person could reasonably be identified, the misappropriation claim probably will be valid.11

Use of a photograph to illustrate a newsworthy story is not misappropriation. Even if a photo is used to sell a magazine on a newsstand, courts usually will not consider that a trade or commercial purpose. The line between news and commercial use is not always clear, however, and even photographs used to illustrate an article may create liability for misappropriation if the article is considered to have an overriding commercial purpose.12

Please, oh please, take them to small claims, AT LEAST!

Batousaii

imported post

lol - yea, unfortunately it's not realistic to sue em .... just wishful thinking.... however Techno has an interesting viewpoint regarding twisting the ("my") image... hmmmm.
--- Drew ?? where are ya ?? what do ya think ?? Small claims ?? :lol:

- I do take it as a compliment that they made my Ruger famous :p It does give me a chuckle.

acmariner99

imported post

I think Brady ought to look at the guy south of Olympia that just saved us all a lot of trouble and shot down someone burglarizing his home. Oh, wait won't the Brady bunch just find some other way to complain? Sheesh.

Trigger Dr

imported post

acmariner99 wrote:
I think Brady ought to look at the guy south of Olympia that just saved us all a lot of trouble and shot down someone burglarizing his home. Oh, wait won't the Brady bunch just find some other way to complain? Sheesh.
Since that individual is no longer able to conduct his business in the normal manner, they might file a "restraint of trade" suit.

acmariner99

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
acmariner99 wrote:
Since that individual is no longer able to conduct his business in the normal manner, they might file a "restraint of trade" suit.
What trade would that be exactly? Causing trouble?

44Brent

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
WHAT THE !!....

Jeezus Crist on a pogo stick, what are they thinking .....

?? Any chance to sue em and deplete their money supply ? (wishful thinking i know)

- Stupid brady bunch .. grrrrrrrrr

:banghead:

LoL - and my wife too with her little red pony tail!! - Ya all know how Japanese girls with little red pony tails can bully the common folk .....

Take it as an honor, and I mean that with all sincerity. People who aren't taking any flak probably aren't doing anything useful.

Kingfish

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
lol - yea, unfortunately it's not realistic to sue em .... just wishful thinking.... however Techno has an interesting viewpoint regarding twisting the ("my") image... hmmmm.
--- Drew ?? where are ya ?? what do ya think ?? Small claims ?? :lol:

- I do take it as a compliment that they made my Ruger famous :p It does give me a chuckle.
And the picture itself is a link for donations.

44Brent

imported post

I tried to donate -$500 (minus 500) to the Brady Bunch. Apparently they are only willing to accept positive amounts. This is the error message that was displayed on their donation form:
Error: The amount specified is less than the specified minimum donation amount of $5.00.