• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Joinining Wisconsin carry?

revolverrandy

imported post

So for someone who joins wisconsin carry,what exactly is it and what does it do?Where does the membership fee go to and what does being a member do and mean?

I just am trying to understand it clearly so I know if I should join or not and if its for me.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. was incorporated in November of 2009.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and reclamation of the basic rights critical to a free society. Our organization believes in the founding principles of our country and our constitution: That all are created equal, that governments exist to protect the rights of individuals, and that governments derive their power from the consent of the governed. The Second Amendment of our Federal constitution explicitly affirms one of the limitless numbers of rights we enjoy as human beings. The right to keep and bear arms. In 1998 79% of the voters in the great state of Wisconsin voted Article 1 Section 25 into our state constitution. "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose". We believe that "Open-Carry" and "Conceal Carry" are choices to be made by law-abiding citizens based on what suits their needs best. Our mission is to preserve, advance and expand these basic rights which law-abiding citizens are entitled to have a practical ability to exercise.

On January 8th, 2010 we filed a federal lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of Wisconsin's Gun-Free-School-Zone statute. We also brought 2 members who had been unlawfully harassed/arrested by police for legally open-carrying as co-plaintiffs. We have already been successful with a damage award judgment of $10,000 against the City of Racine for their part of the lawsuit. The portion of the lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the Gun-Free-School-Zone statute is still working its way through the litigation process. We also began a membership drive on that date and we are now the fastest growing gun-rights group in Wisconsin.

We are 100% volunteer. We are devoted exclusively to advancing the rights of law-abiding Wisconsin Citizens to carry. Currently "Open-Carry" is the only way Wisconsinites are legally allowed to carry. Thousands of our members do so on a daily basis in Wisconsin. We are also working to bring a conceal-carry law to be put in place in Wisconsin. We are the only gun rights organization in the state that actively advocates for individuals to exercise their right to carry NOW via the only legal means, "Open Carry." Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is devoted to preserving and expanding on the rights we have in the hope of getting a Vermont/Alaska/Arizona style carry law.

We stick by our membership. If one of our members is harassed by LEO and/or private business, we work with LEO and/or the business to correct the situation. Woodman's Grocery store changed their policy upon request of the organization.

All membership donations and proceeds from merchandise sales go towards funding the ongoing lawsuit. We anticipate additional legal challenges to the vehicle carry statute, city, county, and state park bans (where they exist), and should the legislature fail to act possibly a challenge to the concealed carry prohibition itself.

Also remember, even if Wisconsin passes a concealed carry law, it most likely would require mandatory training and still would not guarantee that the residents of Wisconsin wouldn't be harassed by LEO or private businesses. Our constitutional right to keep and bear arms is constantly under attack andwework with the legislature to try and stop anti-gun bills like the Micro Stamping bill that I personally testified against in December of 2009.

If this doesn't directly answer your question, please feel free to contact any one of the corporate officers, their contact information can be found here: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/contactus.html

Thank you for your inquiry and I look forward to you joining Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
P.O. Box 270403
Milwaukee, WI. 53227
Hubert@wisconsincarry.org
608-792-0669
http://www.wisconsincarry.org

M

McX

imported post

for residents of wisconsin wisconsincarry is the only hope we have. no organization has stepped up to the plate to protect open carriers, challenge and/or expand our rights as wisconsincarry has. every buck donated finds it's mark, and is not wasted. wisconsin carry is the fastest growing pro-gun rights group in the country. the leadership is donating their time and talents to further our cause, and educated the public to be concerned for the rights they probably never knew they had, and most importantly to be aware of those who seek to diminish, or take away their rights. even if you don't join up, buy a t-shirt or two. worth every penny you'll spend!

__

Banned
imported post

McX wrote:
for residents of wisconsin wisconsincarry is the only hope we have. no organization has stepped up to the plate to protect open carriers, challenge and/or expand our rights as wisconsincarry has [except WGO]. every buck donated finds it's mark, and is not wasted[who bought the t-shirts]. wisconsin carry is the fastest growing pro-gun rights group in the country[there is no public evidence of this]. the leadership is donating their time and talents to further our cause, and educated the public to be concerned for the rights they probably never knew they had, and most importantly to be aware of those who seek to diminish, or take away their rights. even if you don't join up, buy a t-shirt or two. worth every penny you'll spend![No]
Has your Master joined?

Support The 2nd

imported post

Prince Armitage Ranjit Dakkar wrote:
McX wrote:
for residents of wisconsin wisconsincarry is the only hope we have. no organization has stepped up to the plate to protect open carriers, challenge and/or expand our rights as wisconsincarry has [except WGO]. every buck donated finds it's mark, and is not wasted[who bought the t-shirts]. wisconsin carry is the fastest growing pro-gun rights group in the country[there is no public evidence of this]. the leadership is donating their time and talents to further our cause, and educated the public to be concerned for the rights they probably never knew they had, and most importantly to be aware of those who seek to diminish, or take away their rights. even if you don't join up, buy a t-shirt or two. worth every penny you'll spend![No]
Has your Master joined?
I do not want to be derogatory of any other group in Wisconsin, but:

WGO did NOT start the open carry movement, in fact WGO was late in coming to the OC scene. HE still really isn't there.

WGO did NOT offer help to Jesus, Brad, Frank or Dave.

WGO did NOT organize any of the OC events held in 2009.

WGO did NOT file the lawsuit to remove the erroneous GFSZA.

WGO did NOT testify against the Micro Stamping Bill.

WGO did NOT testify at the Castle doctrine hearings.

WGO did NOT testify against the banning of private firearms sales.

WGO did NOT start the online petition for overturning the GFSZA. Yes there is one on the WGO site, but again late in coming.

WGO did NOT work to change Woodman's and other corporate policies.

WGO did NOT stand with Yates, nor did Mr. Graff walk down state street.

WGO did NOT support the county petition drive started back in 2007.

WGO did NOT challenge the DNR 24-hour prior to the start of the nine day gun deer season ban.

WGO did NOT challenge the proposed Greenfield or Green Bay city park OC bans.

WGO did NOT win a judgment against the city of Racine, but he sure tried to convince everybody it was them/him.

WGO did NOT release any contact information for the BOD except for Mr. Graff.

WGO does NOT advocate for "carry now" as in open because it is the only legal means to carry in WI. The latest WGO brochure doesn't even mention Open Carry, but I am sure Mr. Graff will update it (again late to the scene) now that it has been mentioned.

Many people, including me have purchased WCI shirts.

As to your challenge of how "fast" WCI is growing, there is no public evidence of the total number of WGO members or how fast they are growing either. Your point there was?

So please tell us, what has WGO done to advance Wisconsin gun rights in the last two years?

I'll await your reply.....

blaze

imported post

revolverrandy wrote:
So for someone who joins wisconsin carry,what exactly is it and what does it do?Where does the membership fee go to and what does being a member do and mean?

I just am trying to understand it clearly so I know if I should join or not and if its for me.
You get lotsa bang for your buck. The WCI board walks the walk. They have taken more action on your behalf in the last six months than any other pro gun rights org in Wisco ever:exclaim:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

No one has mentioned our cool member-only decals? You get 2 of those for joining! :)

Randy, you need not be a member to enjoy the benefit of the actions of our organization. We will work towards our mission regardless. If we find a person in Wisconsin who we and our legal counsel (we have a very experienced litigator with constitutional challenge experience from one of the midwests most reputable law firms as a board member of Wisconsin Carry) believes has had their rights violated in a way that legal action could provide a remedy for and deter future rights violations we will act. It doesn't matter if that person is a member or not. We currently have at least 3 situations that we are monitoring where members have been harassed by police and we are in the process of gathering documentation and waiting to see if additional harassment occurs as we evaluate possible legal options.

In the meantime, we are working with our legal counsel to draft a letter that we can send on behalf of a member (or anyone in Wisconsin) who experiences harassment or violations of their right to carry. This letter will document the harassment, inform the municipality that our organization is aware of it and that we are prepared to act, and provide examples of what has happened to other municipalities who harass or violate the rights of carriers in Wisconsin. It is our hope that members who experience harassment can bring this to our attention so we can send that letter to the appropriate municipal officials and nip further harassment in the bud.

Having said that, many people who aren't members of WCI do things that advance freedom in Wisconsin also. So before anyone gets their feathers in a fluff, I would never insinuate that one need be a member of WCI to advance carry rights in Wisconsin. I do think that for many people who may not have time to get more involved, their membership is their way to support our efforts and for other members they join so that they can take a far more involved role.

If what we have done so far doesn't seem worth the cost of a case of beer ($15) then just keep us on your radar for the future. I'm confident at some point we will demonstrate to you that we are the kind of organization you would want to support and you can join at that time as easy as you can join today.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Oh and to answer your question about where the money goes.

As Hubert mentioned, most of the money goes into our account for funding the current and future lawsuits.

All of our officers and board members are 100% volunteer. We don't make a penny from our efforts.

A small amount of money has been spent to purchase the member decals that go to each member, produce banners for gun-shows and other public awareness events, and a few other minor expenses. The rest of the money sits in a fund to be used for funding lawsuits.

We don't give money to political campaigns or anything like that.

There is of course a possibility at some point in the future we could find another endeavor that we believe would advance rights in Wisconsin, that is worth spending membership monies on, but as of now nothing specific has even been discussed.

edited to add:

the money from t-shirt sales goes to offset the cost of printing and shipping t-shirts. Approximately $7 from every t-shirt goes into the general fund which is used in the above noted purposes (mostly funding the current and future lawsuits)

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

All WGO does is copy every other group out there and posts the information after everyone else already has.

WGO (Wisconsin Gun Owners) = Corey Graf What has he done for the cause?
He has no credibility. It is a one man operation.

Nada.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
WGO (Wisconsin Gun Owners) = Corey Graf What has he done for the cause?
He has no credibility.
I agree on the one man operation aspect, he stonewalled me when I tried to find with whom I might be associating and even got an a$$eating from Brown for doubting Graff.

But he/it does "Bring out the best of Hellmann's" luser=13784

I told Graff that he/WGO can't use NRA business practices and not expect to wind up just like the enemy. No body can expect so without the same risk.

hardballer

imported post

In addition, WisconsinCarry.org members participate on this board, organize events, participate in protests, stand up for you if or when you are mis-treated by a LEO or Business. My wife and I were asked to leave Woodman's in Onalaska because I was open carrying. I spoke with a WisconsinCarry member and the issue was resolved within two days. Woodman's changed their policy to bring it in line with state law and the Constitution.

One can not make a better choice than to support WisconsinCarry.org with one's dollars, word of mouth support and participation in activities sponsored by the org.

Welcome

Hardballer out. . .

M

McX

imported post

WisconsinCarry...................don't leave home without it.

and i went to edit, to add; i lay out pamphlets at the shop, stuffed with wisconsincarry, and i go through them. don't know if they hit their mark, but hey get took, and that tells me were on the public's mind......friquin historic! join now jeez!