• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First night out open-carrying

sykosoft

imported post

My wife and I had our first night out today where I was open-carrying. I received the holster I had ordered this afternoon, so it made it the perfect day to do so.

We went over to Squeezer's burgers in Nampa (on 12th) and had no issues, and then over to the walmart across the street, again, with no issues. (At first, we were sitting on some patio furniture in the garden section and I heard a manager get called to the garden section, but it was for another issue).

I myself am still getting used to carrying, so I carried unloaded (mag in the holster). After I've done it for a while, I'll carry loaded (but still not one in the chamber). I'm not yet convinced of the need for a larger caliber, so it was my Beretta Neos (22LR high velocity hollow points).

It felt good to carry, to exercise my constitutional rights. Also, it felt like I was part of the old west (a respected and calm time period, not nearly as chaotic as Hollywood makes it out to be).

Michael

None2Slow

imported post

My first time OC was at the Walmart in Caldwell. Whenever I heard somebody over the pa, I thought it would be for me. I guess I just need to get used to it and enjoy my rights. The only person that seemed to notice was a little boy and only because it was at about his eye level.

John Wolver

imported post

Good job Michael. If you want to meet up sometime let me know. Whatever you are comfortable with is where to start. But dont think of this as the wild west, the wild west wasnt the wild west lol. Not to mention how it sounds. Ill go into greater detail someday with you all on this topic.

turbodog

imported post

Well done sykosoft. Nothin wrong with easing into it. Being comfortable and confident is a part of carrying a firearm. The more you carry, the easier and more natural feeling it gets.

ecocks

imported post

That paranoia will fade. Soon you'll forget it's there, until you bump something with a loud clank or someone runs into you from behind.

Enjoy!

ISRAEL

imported post

HOLA, EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Yesterday was the time I went to my gym O.Cing.( I been O.Cing, when I leave the gym, to try the "waters")and I was little nerves, becouse I don't know the manager of the gym, I got inside and some members thatI have never spoke whith them came and ask many questions, I explained about the O.C. movement and maybe 1 or 2 will come to the pic nic.

Speaking of the pic nic, please let me know how many more are coming, I wish a lot of people will show up, and tell to de Boiseans about the O.C.

Remember it is going to be a the Veterans Memorial Park from 2ish to 6 pm. It is going to be our 30th wedding anniversary too, but remember no gifts please, you can bring some candies for the children pinata if you whish, I hope everybody that post in this place come to the pic nic and come "paking heat". Israel, su amigo vaquero.