• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi Point Cafe (number 2)

Which Hi Point do you carry (or want to)? Please explain why in your post.

• 380 ACP Handgun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9mm Handgun

• 40 S&W Handgun

• 45 ACP Handgun

• 9mm Carbine

• 40 S&W Carbine (for dreamers 'till May '10)

• 45 Caliber Carbine (for dreamers 'till Aug '10)

• Total voters

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

Figured I'd post a new Hi Point thread so we could have a poll of what Hi Point we love the most. Hit the poll and continue discussion!

Hi Point's rule!!!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

bomber

imported post

affordable, rugged, dependable. wait, isnt that chevy's motto?

Maddoggie13

imported post

One of the best 9mm long-gun, in term of fun. Over 2,000 rounds of 9mm in the 1st month...can be replace very cheaply unlike my Marlin Camp 9. :dude:

M

McX

imported post

did the poll, you all bought what i did nya-nya.:dude:

M

McX

imported post

how you guys with the .45's like 'em by the way, just curious from the .40 crowd.

hp-hobo

imported post

I hate to be a party pooper, but in no particular order...

.40 S&W Hi-Point carbines have been available for years. The new TS model is projected for release in May but is already available online.

http://www.oeoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=961

Hi-Point has been releasing a .45 ACP carbine for years now. One day they might even do it. Don't hold your breath.

Pro-Mag has a 15 round magthat works well in the old style 995 as well as the 995TS. The new style mag will work in an older gun, but the old style mag won't work in a new gun. Mine should be here any day.

http://www.oquirrharms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=194&zenid=222ee0c8ab444358d6558e0caac8a963

Have a nice day.

bomber

imported post

Mr.FiredUp wrote:
Like a rock baby;)

Glad someone here has the carbine. Do you know of any after market mags you can get for it that hold more than 10 rounds?

promag makes a 15 rounder, but the general consensus among owners is that they suck. really bad.

hp-hobo

imported post

bomber wrote:
promag makes a 15 rounder, but the general consensus among owners is that they suck. really bad.
Really? How many of those polled have tried the new and improved version? My guess is zero. Everyone I know who has tested/used the new style mags has nothing but good to say about them... Myself included.

cscitney87

imported post

I almost purchased a new C9 before realizing there's no chance in Hell I'll be able to conceal this pistol without a shoulder rig. I'm just to small of a guy. Anyone can demonstrate concealed carry with a C9? IWB holster in the small of the back seems like the best bet?

Jeez Hi Point... slim down your 9 for us.

bomber

imported post

i conceal my c9. sometimes carrying OWB in a paddle holster, sometimes carrying IWB at 4 o'clock, or even 3 o'clock. it works better for me at 4 o'clock, it fits against my body better. its not easy, but its not too hard either.